Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
2604WS

outside TV hookup

Heading out this weekend and the boss wants to use the outside TV hookup. We have a Dish tailgater and I'm wondering if I use the normal camper input with the receiver inside, will I be able to receive satellite outside? Or will I have to do some monkeying with the cabling inside?
Thanks,
Kirk
kirkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #2

I believe that if your outside cable connection for the tv is paralled off the inside tv's you will get the sat feed. However; channel selection will still have to be done at the receiver via the remote wherever it is located.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #3

Kirk, please tell us what RV you have. (It's best to put that information into your profile and/or signature.)

Usually the "outside cable connection" is wired to the back of the Winegard rooftop antenna booster control (see picture).
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2195827107.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	37313
You have to disconnect the Cable Input from the back of that and connect it directly to the Tailgater. In some RVs they have inserted splitters into that line as well. Tailgater can't be used with any splitters.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote