Old 04-05-2019, 11:24 PM   #1

Smile Please help me choose a TV/DVD Combo for 2019 Wolf Pup 16FQ

Hello! I'm new to this website, and this is my 1st post. Thanks in advance for any advice, and for accepting me into your community.

I'd like recommendations on purchasing a mountable 1080p, 28" TV/DVD Combo, for 2019 Wolf Pup 16FQ, please. This camper didn't come with a CD/DVD player. It has a Radio instead. And my current TV/DVD Combo doesn't mount, and is sitting on the table. The mount for the TV is on a dividing wall. No modifications can be done, because this is a loaner from my parents.

I hope I'm asking my question in the correct way. I'm also new to campers.

~Cherie~

ChihuahuaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:35 PM   #2

First welcome, second I have had good luck finding TV at wal Mart, I like the Sony or LG, Samsung, they won't break the bank and work well in my opinion. You can get some with what your looking for. You can even shop on line....good luck, they also sell the mounting brackets.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:24 AM   #3

Like said above use Walmart and I picked by the ratings.

The wife wanted a tv/dvd in the bedroom so I used this mount:
https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...3c7d7a366d1507

I like it because we were able to use the articulation to get the tv centered in the viewing area while still using the proper section on the wall to mount it...and it doesn't require a tool to remove it from the wall, just lift it out of the slot and set the tv on the bed. (I wouldn't travel down the road with a tv connected to this mount on the wall).

I bought a small dvd player from Walmart and used industrial Velcro to put it where I wanted.

Good luck and welcome to the site.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:36 AM   #4

Online at Walmart I was able to find Scepter (not sure if it is spelled right) TVs. I bought two of them for our bedrooms in the trailer. The first one is a year older and the picture is good but not great and the sound is not so good. The second is really nice and both have worked for a couple years. Super light weight. May weigh less the mount that holds them. Both were under $120.
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:39 AM   #5

I'm surprised your current TV won't mount to the wall. AFAIK, all LED TVs come with inset mount points on the back and you have to install the stand to make it set upright on a table. Just a question of getting the right mount to fit the TV's bolt pattern and the TT TV mount.

I wanted a smart TV and a DVD player. Unfortunately, I could not find one with both features. So I got a seperate smart DVD player and an inexpensive "dumb" TV. I used an articulated arm mount.

I think if you gifted the TV to your parents for the camper, they'd not have problem with you mounting it on the wall.
2018 16 days camped, 2019 5 days so far.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #6
SPRING IS COMING!!!

We just bought a 24" Phillips for our camper's bedroom from our local Wally World for $60. It is only 720P, but my eyes can't tell the difference... it has a very nice picture. Mount was another $10, and a 6' RG6 cable, and now we have TV in our bedroom for $75 not counting the tax. Couldn't say no!

I didn't even know they made a TV/DVD combo anymore... I thought those went the way of the Dodo bird and CRT's.
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:35 AM   #7
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

I don't believe that TV-DVD combos are made anymore, but I'm sure they are still available online.

Walmart no longer sells them in their stores, but they do have refurbs on their website!

However, they are not known to last very long so you might be better off to buy a separate DVD player.

Also, double check the radio that came in your trailer...

Even though it may look like a car stereo, chances are it has a CD/DVD player in it!

Mine does, although I bought a BluRay player that I use instead.

Here is mine...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerEntCenterNewStereo-P5100150.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	431.6 KB
ID:	200961  
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #8

Looks like what limits your choices is the 28 inch screen. That's not a particularly common size to begin with, and I didn't see any available with built-in DVD. Downsize to 24" and you'll find plenty to choose from. If you can live with 720p you'll find even more options available.
DVD is already on the way out, but we like ours because the DW has a huge library of old disks that comes in handy if we want to watch an old movie after calling it a night.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:53 PM   #9
Old Engineer

Check out Supersonic TV/DVD on Amazon.

SuperSonic 1080p LED Widescreen HDTV with HDMI Input, AC/DC Compatible for RVs and Built-in DVD Player, 22-Inch

$150, works great. Bought one last September. Other sizes available.

FleckDreher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:54 PM   #10

TV

I don't know about a combo, but recently bought a second TCL Roku TV to use as a monitor for a presentation. It's a 32" 1080 smart TV. (the first one, a 40" was for our daughter) The 32" cost me two hundred bucks at Best Buy. During the initial setup I was very impressed with how user friendly it is. Worked great for my presentation, and I am very happy with it. Would definitely recommend TCL Roku's and when our 55" Samsung dies I'll most likely replace it with a TCL Roku.

Tags
dvd, wolf pup