Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #1

Poor radio sound?

My brand new trailer has a 4 speaker "surround sound" stereo system with 4 wedge shaped speakers mounted to the ceiling. Is it me or does this "system" sound like total poop? And I mean CRAP.. 2 tin cans rattling together would sound better. Terrible is a compliment... get what I'm saying? This so-called stereo is an embarrassment to turn on. Is there something wrong or is this typical of what they put in a $30K trailer?
Old 07-05-2015, 10:07 PM   #2

Unhappy poor radio sound

I feel your pain, I probably have the same sound system, If you want to call it a sound system. let me guess it's a IRV 66. I"ve had it replaced twice due to not being able to turn it down low enough to not disturb other campers or just to be able to talk over it, without shouting. There is no way to adjust front to back balance or levels , radio reception is very poor,also there is background noise even with it turned all the way down. You would think that you could at least get car audio quality for the price we paid. I will contact FR once again for a replacement, hopefully I can get one without the background noise issue this time. Good luck with yours.
Happy Camper 2715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:19 PM   #3

You should contact Todd Eash at Patrick industries. They will send new radio to you. Very easy to replace yourself 10 min job your dealer will take hours. I spoke to Nelson 574 970 8348. They are sending better tested units

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:32 PM   #4

Mine is crap also in our 42' $65k unit inside and outside speakers nothing buy distortion if you turn it up enough to hear it. All distortion cheep China speakers!!!!!!!! You have to keep the volume way done so you can barely hear it or it's all distortion!!!! Junk stereo!!!!!!!
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:44 AM   #5
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Happy Camper - Not every one has an iRV66 nor the same speakers. Each brand can do their own thing.

Sorry you are having an issue still!

As recommended, you can contact Todd at the radio manufacturer directly to receive a replacement. The change out is easy and I am happy to help via the phone if you need. Many have done it and been pleased with the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper 2715 View Post
I feel your pain, I probably have the same sound system, If you want to call it a sound system. let me guess it's a IRV 66. I"ve had it replaced twice due to not being able to turn it down low enough to not disturb other campers or just to be able to talk over it, without shouting. There is no way to adjust front to back balance or levels , radio reception is very poor,also there is background noise even with it turned all the way down. You would think that you could at least get car audio quality for the price we paid. I will contact FR once again for a replacement, hopefully I can get one without the background noise issue this time. Good luck with yours.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:52 AM   #6

My 2016 Flagstaff, same iRV66 with Toshiba 32". Increasingly audible hum or buzz in TV surround mode. Above 20 is really annoying. Dealer replacing unit. We'll see. Have digital audio cable coming to eliminate RCA cables. Hope something works. Maybe my expectations are too high, after all I only layed out 30 grand!

2016 Flagstaff 27VRL Emerald
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Happy Camper - Not every one has an iRV66 nor the same speakers. Each brand can do their own thing.

As recommended, you can contact Todd at the radio manufacturer directly to receive a replacement. The change out is easy and I am happy to help via the phone if you need. Many have done it and been pleased with the results.
Hi Bob, I grabbed this pic off the net as I dont have the trailer here and dont have a pic of it. Do you know what brand/model this might be?
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2015, 10:19 AM   #8

Check your speaker wiring.......when I was adding new stereo to mine, I found all speakers wired to one channel.
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post

Hi Bob, looks like I have the Magnadyne RV4000 which appears to be a very low powered (6 watts/channel) ultra economy unit that forest River put in my trailer. Do you know/can you suggest anyone at Magnadyne that I can call about this unit as I'm really unhappy with the performance of it.
Much appreciated, Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-07-16 09.29.35.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	443.0 KB
ID:	84524  
Old 07-30-2015, 08:45 AM   #10
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
I don't know anyone at Magndyne support, but copied the following off their website...

Sales and Support Email
Sales: sales@magnadyne.com
Support: support@magnadyne.com

Sales and Support Phone Numbers
Toll-free within the US: 800.638.3600

Good luck and if you want to upgrade, let me know. :-)
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:49 PM   #11

My speakers also sounded terrible when I got my new trailer home. Turns out it was nothing wrong with the equipment. The cheap rubber and foam insulation they use to insulate the trailer was packed in the speakers. Cleared them out and they sound awesome now. If your speakers can't move they are going to sound like poop!
MarcH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio