Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #1

POP-UP TV Mount has come loose from mount

Hey guys, I have a 2014 Sierra 355RE with the Pop-Up TV. I guess I really didn't expect this to last long due to the materials it is made with and the amount of motion it takes while travelling. Plus it doesn't really appear to be designed that well.

I am considering whether to A) take it back to the dealer for a warrantee repair vs. B) take it apart myself and fix it right.

Has anyone had this experience before? With the way this thing is designed I don't see how all of them have not fallen off their mounts.

Thanks in advance.

Gene Failmezger
2014 Ford F350 6.7L diesel
GeneFail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Hello, I had a 2703 that had the mount actually fall off the wall on the way home from pickup at the dealer. I glued and screwed it back to the wall, fixed the bent track, the release catch needed some grease and all was well after that. The actual mount itself is good, just the install that is not. The bolts that where shipped to mount to the TV were too long, adding washers worked for me.

Brian
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #3

Yes, Brian, that seems to be my experience. The mount is good, the installation questionable. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:24 PM   #4

Well guys, I took the darn thing apart and found that the mounting screws were (according to the laws of maximum inconvenience) behind the lift rail. After the system is installed and the upper and lower limits are set it would not come out so it would not be in the way. I was doing all this on a Sunday so the 800 # was unmanned. There was no documentation to be found online to reset the controller so I could run the rail off its tracks and get to the screw.

Screw it. I drilled two holes in the rail to make room for a screwdriver. Put in larger screws. Added an additional screw.

Problem solved.

Hmph.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneFail View Post
Well guys, I took the darn thing apart and found that the mounting screws were (according to the laws of maximum inconvenience) behind the lift rail. After the system is installed and the upper and lower limits are set it would not come out so it would not be in the way. I was doing all this on a Sunday so the 800 # was unmanned. There was no documentation to be found online to reset the controller so I could run the rail off its tracks and get to the screw.

Screw it. I drilled two holes in the rail to make room for a screwdriver. Put in larger screws. Added an additional screw.

Problem solved.

Hmph.
This post has been brought to you by MacGyver and the letters HMPH..

Glad you got it fixed.

Tags
mount, tv mount