Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #1

Power Slide

I just purchased a 2008 forest river sierra 301 BHD used. The rear slide is not retracting all the way at the bottom. It is out about 3 inches at the bottom and about 1 inch at the top. Will this be an issue to transport to a dealer about 100 miles away? Since i purchased out of state the trailer is in storage currently and we are going to pick it up in two weeks. I am not sure if it could damage the slide since it is not seated all the way until we get it to a dealer for repair. My only other option is to try to pay for a mobile service call to see if the repair can be done. I am not to comfortable doing it this way since i would not be around to see what the issues were and whether i am being charged what the actual repair cost would be. Any thought would be appreciated. Also is there a manual way the get this to fully retract?
timeout62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

While I am not familiar with your specific camper, I have to hazard that there has to be a manual retraction process for every slide. Some are more obvious than others.

While I finally found out how my main slides worked using the crank; the bedroom wardrobe slide's cable system took a while longer.

Here is the info on the slides I have. NOTE: For the bedroom slide, a special tool that should have been in a drawer is required. It looks like a flex extention for a power screwdriver and except for the hex socket on one end; it is.

I would also have to remove the fabric covered trim above the slide to access the back of the motor.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf accuslide_installation-manual.pdf (2.84 MB, 90 views)
File Type: pdf accuslide_service-manual.pdf (1.31 MB, 85 views)
File Type: pdf 0002-gear-pack-replacement-embedded-rack.pdf (144.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: pdf 0065-skipping-teeth-fix.pdf (650.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: pdf Electric Slideout-Web.pdf (1.47 MB, 76 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #3

thanks for your help and the instructions i am sure this will give me a good starting point once i get the sierra out of storage next week.
timeout62 is offline   Reply With Quote