Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 01:59 AM   #1
jlf
Member
 
jlf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 95
Prewired for Satellite Dish

On the 2014 Silverback 33RL it is suppose be pre wired plug on the roof for satellite. Sounds as if the dish just plugs into the RV. I know it can not be that simple. Camping world gave us a quote for $350.00 to install the dish and hook up the dvrs. Has anyone installed a dish on the 33 rl?
__________________

__________________
jlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:20 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,623
It could be that simple. All you would need would be a coax and a power supply 12 volt to the dish.
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
kc8lvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 312
On you roof there is a spot up there that says install Dish here. I believe that they have to cut into you roof and hook up the wiring and bolt down the dish. In my bedroom closet cabinet on the lft side there is a wall plate for the actual Wineguard satellite finder and there is a wire behind that plate for it. For $350 it may be worth it to have them do it.
__________________
2004 Dodge Ram 2500HD Cummins
2017 Keystone Montana 3820 FK
2009 Harley Davidson Ultra Glide
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
jlf
Member
 
jlf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
It could be that simple. All you would need would be a coax and a power supply 12 volt to the dish.
Thank you. It does seem easy. Will let you know
__________________
jlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
jlf
Member
 
jlf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8lvy View Post
On you roof there is a spot up there that says install Dish here. I believe that they have to cut into you roof and hook up the wiring and bolt down the dish. In my bedroom closet cabinet on the lft side there is a wall plate for the actual Wineguard satellite finder and there is a wire behind that plate for it. For $350 it may be worth it to have them do it.
jlf Definitely. There is something about drilling into a $70,000 vehicle. There are just something's you leave to the experts. Thank you for the tip. We should be picking up our new baby in the next few weeks. By the way, how do you like the 33rl? Any problems we should be aware of?p
__________________
jlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
Please reconsider having a Sat dish installed on your roof. If your parking spot leaves the dish with tree cover, you will have no TV. IMO, it is much better to have a portable unit that be set in a place where there is a clear view to the satellites. (It doesn't take but a bit of tree cover to mess you up.)
__________________
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
jlf
Member
 
jlf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Please reconsider having a Sat dish installed on your roof. If your parking spot leaves the dish with tree cover, you will have no TV. IMO, it is much better to have a portable unit that be set in a place where there is a clear view to the satellites. (It doesn't take but a bit of tree cover to mess you up.)
Thank you for the suggestion. We keep going back and forth permanent or potable. We have the movin view on the one we will be trading in. The only real problem about the trees, is when we go to Disney and stay at Ft Wilderness. But on our lot, we have clear skies. This is where the debate comes in.
__________________
jlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
kc8lvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 312
We love our Silverback 33rl. It has plenty of room and storage. The layout of the camper is what sold us on it. I have added fantastic fan covers and a few other small mods. I use a dish on a tripod until I talk myself into a tailgater from Dish. It takes a little time but most of the time I can get it tuned in. Are you going to full time in it or just camp?
__________________
2004 Dodge Ram 2500HD Cummins
2017 Keystone Montana 3820 FK
2009 Harley Davidson Ultra Glide
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:46 AM   #9
jlf
Member
 
jlf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8lvy View Post
We love our Silverback 33rl. It has plenty of room and storage. The layout of the camper is what sold us on it. I have added fantastic fan covers and a few other small mods. I use a dish on a tripod until I talk myself into a tailgater from Dish. It takes a little time but most of the time I can get it tuned in. Are you going to full time in it or just camp?
I think this is what drove us to the 33 rl is the beautiful paint job and storage. Even though there only 3 overhead cabinets in back above the sofa I will just have to learn!
__________________

__________________
jlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
satellite

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.