Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
jlf

Prewired for Satellite Dish

On the 2014 Silverback 33RL it is suppose be pre wired plug on the roof for satellite. Sounds as if the dish just plugs into the RV. I know it can not be that simple. Camping world gave us a quote for $350.00 to install the dish and hook up the dvrs. Has anyone installed a dish on the 33 rl?
jlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:20 AM   #2

It could be that simple. All you would need would be a coax and a power supply 12 volt to the dish.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:06 AM   #3

On you roof there is a spot up there that says install Dish here. I believe that they have to cut into you roof and hook up the wiring and bolt down the dish. In my bedroom closet cabinet on the lft side there is a wall plate for the actual Wineguard satellite finder and there is a wire behind that plate for it. For $350 it may be worth it to have them do it.
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
jlf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
It could be that simple. All you would need would be a coax and a power supply 12 volt to the dish.
Thank you. It does seem easy. Will let you know
Old 08-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
jlf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8lvy View Post
On you roof there is a spot up there that says install Dish here. I believe that they have to cut into you roof and hook up the wiring and bolt down the dish. In my bedroom closet cabinet on the lft side there is a wall plate for the actual Wineguard satellite finder and there is a wire behind that plate for it. For $350 it may be worth it to have them do it.
jlf Definitely. There is something about drilling into a $70,000 vehicle. There are just something's you leave to the experts. Thank you for the tip. We should be picking up our new baby in the next few weeks. By the way, how do you like the 33rl? Any problems we should be aware of?p
Old 08-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #6

Please reconsider having a Sat dish installed on your roof. If your parking spot leaves the dish with tree cover, you will have no TV. IMO, it is much better to have a portable unit that be set in a place where there is a clear view to the satellites. (It doesn't take but a bit of tree cover to mess you up.)
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #7
jlf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Please reconsider having a Sat dish installed on your roof. If your parking spot leaves the dish with tree cover, you will have no TV. IMO, it is much better to have a portable unit that be set in a place where there is a clear view to the satellites. (It doesn't take but a bit of tree cover to mess you up.)
Thank you for the suggestion. We keep going back and forth permanent or potable. We have the movin view on the one we will be trading in. The only real problem about the trees, is when we go to Disney and stay at Ft Wilderness. But on our lot, we have clear skies. This is where the debate comes in.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #8

We love our Silverback 33rl. It has plenty of room and storage. The layout of the camper is what sold us on it. I have added fantastic fan covers and a few other small mods. I use a dish on a tripod until I talk myself into a tailgater from Dish. It takes a little time but most of the time I can get it tuned in. Are you going to full time in it or just camp?
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:46 AM   #9
jlf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8lvy View Post
We love our Silverback 33rl. It has plenty of room and storage. The layout of the camper is what sold us on it. I have added fantastic fan covers and a few other small mods. I use a dish on a tripod until I talk myself into a tailgater from Dish. It takes a little time but most of the time I can get it tuned in. Are you going to full time in it or just camp?
I think this is what drove us to the 33 rl is the beautiful paint job and storage. Even though there only 3 overhead cabinets in back above the sofa I will just have to learn!

Tags
satellite