Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #1

Problems with Concertone ZX75 Manual

I initialling had problem with using the on screen menu setup in the DVD mode. I followed the instructions according to the manual and It told me invalid key each time I push the "setup" button. I then installed a DVD into the player and it works. The manual is not very good.

I also have a problem trying to get my TV audio through the Concertone. The TV is a ViewSonic N3235w with a left and right audio output connections. I connected an audio cable to that and "according to the manual" connected to the audio input connections in the back of the Concertone. Unfortunately when I go to Input 2 mode which is suppose to be the mode for port, nothing happens. When I connect my Ipod to the aux port to the front it works in Input 1 mode so the problem is not a mix up in those connections.

I tried to contact Concertone support and they told me to take it to the dealer from whom I bought the trailer. Lame as I am about 3,000 miles from that dealer. The tech support on the ViewSonic web page is even worse.
PapaJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #2

Did you turn up the volume on the TV all the way when connected to the Concertone? If the TV has variable output you will need to turn the TV up, maybe all the way. Make sure the Concertone volume is down fairly low before you start. Once the TV volume is turned up, start turning up your Concertone. Let me know the results. There maybe a work around in the menu settings in your TV if this works.
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #3

I have tried that. If I am receiving sound in the Concertone I get a graphic display of the sound volume variations. I get nothing. I have all variations possible with the TV sound menu. My next step will probably to take the Concertone out again and plug in our bedroom TV to see if that works or plug in a audio system to the cables to see if the TV is giving any sound output
Old 11-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaJim View Post
I have tried that. If I am receiving sound in the Concertone I get a graphic display of the sound volume variations. I get nothing. I have all variations possible with the TV sound menu. My next step will probably to take the Concertone out again and plug in our bedroom TV to see if that works or plug in a audio system to the cables to see if the TV is giving any sound output
Sounds like some good tests. Please keep us posted. I am interested in your results.
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #5

Okay, I think I am brain dead!!!!!!!! 1st the audio out on the TV works fine. 2nd the audio input 2 works fine also. BUT the input 2 in the back of the Concertone will only work on the input option for the DVD. Of course you will not get any TV sound when tuned to TV channels. The only way to get audio with this Concertone is to connect the audio out from the TV into the front AUX input in the front of the Concertone. I need to get a cable that has the standard L & R audio connections on one end and a single plug on the other end to connect to the front of the Concertone. When I get the cable I will let you know how it works.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #6

IT WORKS!!!!!! I got a "Y" connection cable designed to connect a MP3, IPOD etc to standard audio input/output. I connected the standard end (red & white cable connections) to the audio out on the TV and then connected the end designed for connecting to an IPOD to the AUX connection in the front of the Concertone. Switched mode to Input 1 and it is working.