Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2015, 05:16 PM   #21

We have a 2014 Palamino Eclipse with a Jensen AWM968. I am a bit of an audionut and find the sound quality really poor. I was wondering if a speakerupgrade would help (anyone know?) More importantly there is one channel thatcuts out (over and above the bad sound quality) and is distorted or buzzy. Iswapped speaker wires and it looks like it is the Unit and not the speakers orconnections. Thinking that only help will be changing out the unit. Of coursewe picked up the unit 18 months ago so I don't think it is warranty. We took itto the dealer last summer and as luck would have it - the problem did not showitself - came back as soon as I got it home though

To me the unit looks like it is built to a price point. My little Sony BoomBox sounds way better. Anybody know of a better quality unit from Jensen orother?

Thanks

Kevin
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to MSGCOONS
I have a 2013 Sun Seeker 3010DS, can I connect my radio/DVD to the TV and watch DVD's?
MSGCOONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:32 PM   #23

I did the radio shack switch too. The stereo would turn on and run the battery down when in storage. No problem now. The little white speakers are nearly worthless. I tried other speakers and had some improvement but the stereo itself isn't worth the space it takes up in the entertainment area. I'll likely eventually switch it with something else.
fharpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS View Post
We have a 2014 Palamino Eclipse with a Jensen AWM968. I am a bit of an audionut and find the sound quality really poor. I was wondering if a speakerupgrade would help (anyone know?) More importantly there is one channel thatcuts out (over and above the bad sound quality) and is distorted or buzzy. Iswapped speaker wires and it looks like it is the Unit and not the speakers orconnections. Thinking that only help will be changing out the unit. Of coursewe picked up the unit 18 months ago so I don't think it is warranty. We took itto the dealer last summer and as luck would have it - the problem did not showitself - came back as soon as I got it home though

To me the unit looks like it is built to a price point. My little Sony BoomBox sounds way better. Anybody know of a better quality unit from Jensen orother?

Thanks

Kevin
A bit of a retraction to an earlier message I posted. I was certain that my AWM968 had a wonky channel. I checked the wiring and swamped a speaker around to confirm my suspisions. After further investigation turned out 2 speakers where bad. The speakers where made by a company called "Furrion" and cost about 20 bucks to replace a set - worth about 5 bucks in my opinion. The connection to the speaker coil seems to have broken. I have purchased a set of 2 way "rockfords" (sorta low to middle end) which I hope will sound better - I will let you know.

So my apologies to the folks on the Jensen side. On top of it all the Jensen guy also helped me solve this problem as well as a different one (after I publickly slammed the product). I do think the quality of the unit could have been much better however I also think that Palamino probably bought these for a reason (Price Point). Most folks probably would not care if the sound was not great as long as there was sound!

I sitll hope to upgrade the system someday but am not having allot of luck finding something that does everything and sorta fits the cut-out.

Kevin
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote