Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2015, 11:42 AM   #1

Problems with Jensen navigation system

Is anyone else having problems with their Jensen Navigation system? We bought a new Sunseeker with this system in November, and as far as we are concerned it is a VERY POOR product. It frequently does not recognize addresses that we try to input (and my phone pulls up the same address quite quickly). When we deviate from the route, it keeps trying to turn us around way past when a shorter alternative is available. Yesterday it tried to get us to go over 100 miles to get to a place that was less than 5 miles away. My phone GPS is so much easier to use and more reliable for the best directions. So now we are using both the GPS in the motor home and my phone just so we can figure out what is going on. We wanted it for when we travel to Canada, because the cost of our cell phone service there is prohibitive. But we are beginning to think we wasted our money on this option. If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.
DYK640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:47 PM   #2

Problems with Jensen navigation system

It's a Jensen product need I say more 😝
poofam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:44 PM   #3

While I don't have any experience with the Jensen you have, my Jensen experience in general has not been good. I was an automotive stereo installer a few years back and that was one brand we stayed away from. First you could see if there are any guidance options that may be making the chosen path not the quickest. Most GPS devices have different settings that can affect the route. Things like avoid highways or toll roads etc. dig around in the GPS menus and settings to find anything Ike that. I hate to steer you to buying another brand, especially in a new RV. But, Your best bet is to go with a kenwood navigation unit. Their GPS and mapping is from Garmin. Map updates are easy to get and install and cost around the $70-$80 mark. Pretty intuitive to operate too. Alpine makes a nice one too. Not sure who does their maps. Just my 2 cents. Maybe if you are loud enough they will give you some sort of credit for the Jensen to upgrade.

2013 Solaire Eclipse 317BHSK 2009 Denali XL Tow Vehicle with Equalizer distribution and sway control
PMickey is offline   Reply With Quote