Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #1

Problems with reception on cable and antenna

I am a newbe to this forum. However I will get right to it. I am having problems with reception on cable and antenna in my RV. The antenna works better than the cable as far as channels found and clear picture. Any advise and or help would be great. Thanks.
wjones222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #2

Are you aware that you have to turn on the antenna booster (little black pushbutton with a green LED next to it on a wall plate near your main TV) in order to get much off-the-air TV, and you have to have that turned OFF to get Cable TV?

Usually you have to "crank up" your antenna and point it to the transmitter tower as well.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #3

once you have checked your antenna booster switch,check to insure that all your cable connections are secure. when i had park cable,my tv picture was always "fuzzy" compared to my neighbors pictire which was crystal clear. when i checked the cable coming into the splitter to feed the 2 tv's the feed cable came off in my hand. it had not been tightened at the factory. a simple stupid error in assembly !
Old 08-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Anacortesians

We don't watch TV very much, but the first time we tried a cable hook-up, picture quality was horrible on both the front and bedroom sets. I checked using a DVD player as a source and it was fine. I concluded that the coax from the cable connection in the rear stow-bin to the video distribution box was the problem.

Since I had no documentation to show where it ran, I decided to get rid of the bedroom TV (never watch TV in the bedroom, even at home). I put a new coax from the stow-bin connector into the cabinet where bedroom TV had been, then mated it to the feed between that cabinet and the distribution box.

It's worked fine ever since - still rarely use it though. We've never even bothered to get a D-A converter for the OTA antenna and have never cranked the antenna up in three years!