Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #1

Problems with tv

Anyone else have troubles programming their Jensen tv sometimes. Last night we tried to scan for channels and the menu would exit before I could select any commands. However this morning I was able to use the menu normally. Tried this evening and same problem as last night.

Wondering if its the campground wifi or something else?
Pawpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawpod View Post
Anyone else have troubles programming their Jensen tv sometimes. Last night we tried to scan for channels and the menu would exit before I could select any commands. However this morning I was able to use the menu normally. Tried this evening and same problem as last night.

Wondering if its the campground wifi or something else?
NO problem here.
Were you scanning from your antennas? Was the amp on?
Were you scanning cable TV from the campground?

Why would the campgrounds wifi effect your TV channel scan? Shouldn't.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #3

We have the Jensen tv, but is not a smart tv (wifi) my jensen just take a little longer to scan the channels than the Sony in the living room. No problems so far.
https://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #4

I was scanning from my Antenna with the booster on. I could get the menu to display after several attempts then in about 2-4 seconds it would go away.

And no it's not a wifi or smart tv
Old 06-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
Love My Sunseeker

Make sure you release your finger off the MENU button. Pressing the MENU again exits the menu. DO you have heavy fingers?

I'm pleased with Jensen. All three of my TV's (yes, my RV came with three TV's, that's pretty pretentious when I'm by myself...) are Jensen. In my previous RV, sometimes I had one Jenson and one other brand. Sometimes the JENSEN scanned in more channels than the other brands.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #6

THe problem was intermittent. Something in the area seemed to be interfering with it. Just wondering what it could be. First night I could do nothing with either the menu on the tv or remote. Tried for an hour. New batteries in the remote also. Next morning I was able to use either with no problem. That evening out of curiosity I tried it again. Same problem from about 5 till 6:30. At 7 no trouble getting to the menu. The wifi at the campground was kinda flakey. Sometimes we had full bars, then a few minutes later only 1 or two and sometimes no wifi at all. Could of been something else but I have no ideal what. Anyone have a clue? Be nice to know what was happening if I ever run into this problem again.