Old 06-04-2015, 11:49 AM   #1
Question for BCLEMENS HDMI SWITCH BOX-Portable Dish

QUOTE=bclemens;792103]We've talked about offering some sort of direct connection for each TV, but that is not without its own problems.

2. Times have changed. Dish just stopped offering coax OUTPUT on their receivers. Only RCA, Composite and HDMI. So using the coax for anything other than OTA is about over.

3. HDMI would be our preferred choice, but its not cheap. To wire for that we would need to have an HDMI switch box. Now that means we run an HDMI box with one input and 4 outputs that would run to each TV.

Hi Brian and fellow campers:
I attached a partial quote above: I've been doing searches and got your sat wiring diagram but I still need to ask you a couple of questions:

I have a new 2014 Sunseeker 2650S. Large HDTV over cab and we upgraded the bedroom TV to a 27" HDTV, and a Outside HDTV when parked. I recently got the Dish Tailgater. 211 z bundle. Would a HDMI switch box be the best option to be able to 3 TVs with hdmi hookup, which type and what are the steps? Sidenote, I really prefer to have the bedroom tv be my main tv because I watched it the most and would prefer to have the receiver on shelf I put up in bedroom above tv already but I think by your specs it can only run off cab tv utilizing the jumper (although I'm still not really clear)Based on what I would like to do and what I can actually do, can you please advise me on
1. How to hook up all 3 tvs on hdmi switch box if possible?
2. Can I make my set up as the bedroom tv being the main or a way the receiver can stay in bedroom if possible & how would I do this?
3. How would I incorporate a Apple TV for seldom use when I have good wifi?
4. Are any splitters needing to be installed or are they already behind walls? I need to forward your info to my mechanic who is currently doing this and some other upgrades.
Thank you!
2014 FR Sunseeker 2650S
gsalsa06 is offline   Reply With Quote