Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 32
Question on Coleman-mach thermostat

Hi all, quick question. Have not yet hooked up to a 30 amp circuit, but was playing with our 21wrs in camp driveway in anticipation of our maiden voyage next weekend. I set the A/C to run on fan only to move some air through the unit and could not discern any difference between the high and low settings. Is this because I am not on a 30 amp circuit, does it only work on air/heat or do I have a thermostat issue?

Thanks!
__________________

__________________
jeshoffstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeshoffstall View Post
Hi all, quick question. Have not yet hooked up to a 30 amp circuit, but was playing with our 21wrs in camp driveway in anticipation of our maiden voyage next weekend. I set the A/C to run on fan only to move some air through the unit and could not discern any difference between the high and low settings. Is this because I am not on a 30 amp circuit, does it only work on air/heat or do I have a thermostat issue?

Thanks!
Maybe, the high/low fan switch works in my Coleman Mach 15K.
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Ours works on a 20A service on Hi & Lo also.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
I found that the hi/lo switch fan switch on the Coleman analog slider thermostat did not work on my 2011 8314BSS either.

I installed/upgraded to the Coleman digital thermostat (about $70) and the hi/lo function works fine. Some people upgrade to a Hunter or Honeywell digital thermostat and add a small switch to control the hi/lo function.

Long story short, your analog slider thermostat hi/lo switch is bad just like mine was.
__________________
2011 8314 BSS Rockwood Signature Ultralite
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad-cab SLT
Makoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 32
Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto View Post
I found that the hi/lo switch fan switch on the Coleman analog slider thermostat did not work on my 2011 8314BSS either.

I installed/upgraded to the Coleman digital thermostat (about $70) and the hi/lo function works fine. Some people upgrade to a Hunter or Honeywell digital thermostat and add a small switch to control the hi/lo function.

Long story short, your analog slider thermostat hi/lo switch is bad just like mine was.
Makoto, which model digital did you use? Was the install pretty straight forward? Wire splicing?

Thanks!
Jack
__________________
jeshoffstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
The hi/lo switch did not work on my Dometic thermostat when I got my Surveyor. Took it to the dealer, and they discovered a wire that had never been connected.
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeshoffstall View Post
Makoto, which model digital did you use? Was the install pretty straight forward? Wire splicing?

Thanks!
Jack
Below is what I and ordered and where (RV Plus). They had the lowest price/shipping when I ordered mine back in January. The wires match up perfectly to the OEM Coleman analog thermostat in my TT. It is not back-lit, but I can deal with that.

I Also recommend you use lithium batteries instead of alkaline in the digital stat, no matter brand which you choose. The lithiums last longer than alkalines and they don't leak when they go bad like alkalines do.

COLEMAN 8330-3362 - Coleman Digital Heat/Cool Thermostat (u) 8330-3362 - RV Plus

__________________

__________________
2011 8314 BSS Rockwood Signature Ultralite
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad-cab SLT
Makoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.