Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #1

Questions about our new 27 banks

Hi, we are first time rv owners. We just bought a Grey Wolf 27bhks. We took it out for the weekend for the first time and we had a couple of problems. First off, we were using the air conditioning and the unit never turned off. It got so cold inside overnight that my husband had to get up and turn the unit off. After awhile though it got hot inside and he had to get back up to turn the unit back on. Is this normal? I would think since there is a thermostat on the wall that you would be able to adjust the temp.

The second issue we had was with the tv. It worked fine in the living room, but when we moved it to the bedroom which was on the backside of the entertainment center, we couldn't get any sound to come out of the tv. The sound would only play through the speakers in the living room. We were trying to watch a movie in bed while the kids were sleeping but were not able to since the sound only played out where they were sleeping which made it so that we couldn't hear it unless we turned it up so loud that it would wake the kids. Is this normal?

Any advice on these issues would be greatly appreciated. I've tried contacting Forest River to talk to them about it, but they have the worst customer service that I have ever dealt with. You can never get through to a live person and when you leave a message, they don't call you back. I left a message 5 days ago and still haven't heard back.
Jennin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
Site Team

Forest River has their dealers deal with the customers, first. that's what dealers are supposed to do, support the customer.
if the dealer is unable to handle the issue, then they can send it up to FR.

FR has so many brands and factories, they rely on the dealers to handle warranty issues.

what dealer did you buy from?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:23 AM   #3

As I do not have a Grey Wolf I can only guess whats happening. If the AC has a on/off unit on the wall it will most likely have a slide piece to set the temp. at. The (thermostate) should give you options like fan auto or all the time, maybe cool or heat and of course on and off. There will also be a way to set the temp. If what I explained is what you have and it does not work you may want to pull the cover and make sure all the screws are tight. If so call your dealer and get it fixed.

The tv thing is a matter of getting the tv and entertainment center working together. Its a thing of how the tv is set up and what type of connections are being used. I know I had to take my tv off the entertainment center controls for another reason and I could not get the sound to come out of the centers speakers just the tv. Its just a matter of set up.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #4

Make sure fan is set to auto before turning on ac.
Dunefam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome first of all. I'm sure someone here can help you.

Dan is right. Don't be too hard on FR. They are not really set up to field calls for service. A decent dealer should be able to help. Did you buy used?

Your thermostat is either hinky or it's user error. What is the thermostat make and model?

Can't help with the television as we don't have one. But, it might help others if you list the make and model for the tv and the radio/DVD.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #6

With The tv shut off a, b and c zones and just turn up volume on the tv
Dunefam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunefam View Post
With The tv shut off a, b and c zones and just turn up volume on the tv
While you did not say which brand of sound system was installed in your camper, if it has A B and C zones you can press the lettered buttons to turn zones on or off like a toggle.

In my camper, A is the living room speaker set; B is the Bedroom speaker set; and C is the outside speakers (if installed).

If your camper does not have separate speaker zones, turn off the sound system on the wall and turn up the volume on the TV as Dunefam stated above.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #8

Thanks for all of the advice. We did buy new but we were hesitant to call the dealer because some of the things they had told us on our initial walk through when we bought it were not true. They hooked up our braking system wrong as well which caused us to not have the brakes on the trailer working when we first took it home. We just didn't trust what they would say so I figured if we went directly to the manufacturer we would get the correct information.

I'm sorry I did not list what brand of stereo and thermostat we have. Since the trailer is stored at a storage place, I didn't have that info. The thermostat is a Dometic LCD, but I don't have a model number and I'm not sure what the stereo is but it does have zones A, B, and C. A and B are for the front and back half of the trailer and C is for outside. There are no speakers at all in the very front "bedroom" so they are really for the middle and back of the trailer. We turned the zones off but there was still absolutely no sound at all coming out of the tv. We were trying to watch a dvd from the stereo and you could see the picture, just no sound. We did end up calling the dealer and we are taking the trailer in to be looked at tomorrow so hopefully they will be able to get things figured out. When we were doing our walk through when we bought it, they couldn't get some dvd's to work so they ordered us a new stereo that has not come in yet, but when we took it out camping the first time my husband was able to figure it out and we had no problems other than no sound in the bedroom. We haven't been able to test the advice about the a/c though since we don't have a way to plug in the trailer where it is parked so that will also be looked at when we take it to the dealer. Thanks again for all of the advice!
Jennin24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad