Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #1

radio problems

Has anyone had any problems with there radio not get channels . I had it back to the dealer three times do far they put four radios a new antenna and i still cant get channels .
chief 540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief 540 View Post
Has anyone had any problems with there radio not get channels . I had it back to the dealer three times do far they put four radios a new antenna and i still cant get channels .
Yes! My GensisGT3 won't pull in anything but the nearest and strongest signals.
I figger it isn't the radio per se, but the antenna system: cable and mast.

Teach
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #3

they replace the antenna and cable and installed a booster for signal
Old 07-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #4

Interesting, my 2014 Puma has the Genesis installed. I get 2 stations which are static. The dealer said check the antenna. So I did. I noted the antenna looks like it is chrome plated plastic. The screw in the bottom does make contact with the antenna itself. If I back the screw out enough to make contact, the mount is wobbly. I'm going to try a different antenna like the hidden antenna to see if there is improvement. Genesis/Concertone is totally aware of the problem with their radio, they just will not do anything about it! My transistor get stations up and down the dial, yes it runs on a 9v and I have it since I was about 9 years old. But it works and it's portable. I used to have it in my police cruiser with a couple rubber bands around it so I had an in car radio to listen to ball games.... happy camping!

Dave
Cuyahoga Heights, Ohio
2014 Puma
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #5

the dealer installed a new antenna and now it works great . I still get static on some channels but i can live with that . Thank for the info hope you get yours fixed .
Old 07-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #6

The dealer installed a new antenna and it works good now . So channels have static but it is good . Hope you get yours all fixed
Old 07-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
phat phrog stunt crew

my concertone (?) wont pick up squat. 50,000 watt am radio station (kmox) cant be picked up in my driveway (approx. 20 air miles) nor at any somewhat local campgrounds (no more than 100 air miles) during the day or night. a cheap portable radio is what we use, and it works great. will look into new antenna.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #8

What antenna did they replace it with ? Would be interested in making the switch myself .
Old 07-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #9
Always Learning

Look for posts by RodeoGeorge on here. He has a mod that greatly improves the FM reception.