Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
mjones12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
That's why I leave it open. It doesn't let dust in like someone posted and is completely enclosed and won't blow off.
Old Coot: My new camper has this design as opposed to my old one which had two clips about like the button on an outhouse door. That was easy. This new one is really, really hard to get open. I'm thinking of following your suggestion of just leaving it unsnapped. I know it's fully enclosed, but are you confident that in transit the wind couldn't get in from the bottom and damage the door by allowing it to flap back and forth? thanks.
__________________

__________________
2018 Coachmen Apex 249 RBS
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8


The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #22
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
He's quite good at pointing "others" mishaps out!
Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black bottom isn't it? Just sayin'.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #23
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Old Coot: My new camper has this design as opposed to my old one which had two clips about like the button on an outhouse door. That was easy. This new one is really, really hard to get open. I'm thinking of following your suggestion of just leaving it unsnapped. I know it's fully enclosed, but are you confident that in transit the wind couldn't get in from the bottom and damage the door by allowing it to flap back and forth? thanks.
We've towed from Concord, NC to Davenport, FL round trip twice and it hasn't blown off or damaged the door yet. Other than in the winter, I wouldn't really care if it did blow off other than letting bugs in but they can't get far with the filter in place unless it blows out too. lol If it did, I'd just put screen wire over the outside opening and use a pc of stainless scouring pad for a filter.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
mjones12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
We've towed from Concord, NC to Davenport, FL round trip twice and it hasn't blown off or damaged the door yet. Other than in the winter, I wouldn't really care if it did blow off other than letting bugs in but they can't get far with the filter in place unless it blows out too. lol If it did, I'd just put screen wire over the outside opening and use a pc of stainless scouring pad for a filter.
Thanks. Your screen wire and scouring pad solution would probably be a lot easier than getting that door open. I'm afraid I'm going to push so hard that it breaks. Will probably follow your lead and just leave the thing open.
__________________
2018 Coachmen Apex 249 RBS
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8


The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #25
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Thanks. Your screen wire and scouring pad solution would probably be a lot easier than getting that door open. I'm afraid I'm going to push so hard that it breaks. Will probably follow your lead and just leave the thing open.
Just be ready for that guy that pulls along you on the highway and yells "hey your little door is flapping"
__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #26
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,760
I still shake my head and have to admit - I have no idea what little door y'all are talking about. It's yet another thing I need to look at when I'm at the camper next!
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #27
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I still shake my head and have to admit - I have no idea what little door y'all are talking about. It's yet another thing I need to look at when I'm at the camper next!
I don't have a picture for you, but it's the little rectangular door that is on the same side as your stove/oven is and is to be opened when the stove/oven is in use.

It snaps close with two little tabs/buttons that you press to open it. The tabs are a pain to open.
__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
mjones12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
I don't have a picture for you, but it's the little rectangular door that is on the same side as your stove/oven is and is to be opened when the stove/oven is in use.

It snaps close with two little tabs/buttons that you press to open it. The tabs are a pain to open.
Yeah. I think this new design for it just came out in the last year or so.
__________________
2018 Coachmen Apex 249 RBS
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8


The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #29
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,760
Hmm- good stuff. I've used the stove AND oven previously and never opened a door. Learned something new.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #30
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Hmm- good stuff. I've used the stove AND oven previously and never opened a door. Learned something new.
Good point - I just open it because the DW says to open it - I can't vouch for the effectiness of it but I assume it is to provide an exhaust path for the heat the stove/oven generates when they are used.
__________________

__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.