Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #1

RCA Wall Plate

I got satellite reception through the brown wall plate containing 2 terminals (F-type) marked “satellite/aux” and “tv” whereas the satellite box is connected using coaxial cable (F-type). If I disconnect the “out to tv” coaxial cable and connect the standard a/v cables (red/white/yellow) to the white RCA wall plate switch/selector middle row of terminals mark “cable/satellite” and set the RCA wall plate selector to “cable/satellite”, I lose satellite reception. Here is my question: This loss of satellite reception (signal) has led me to believe that if I wanted to use cable programing (Cox Communications) as opposed to satellite, I would have to make connection using the standard a/v cables (red/white/yellow)? Otherwise, I don’t see the relevancy of the white selector plate as it relates to satellite? Apparently, my satellite connection at the back of the tv set (which I cannot get off the wall) must be strictly through coaxial cable (F-type) and cable tv programing (i.e. Cox Communications) must be through a/v cables at the back of the tv set.

White RCA Wall Plate Selector/Switch:

My experience with the satellite connection as described above has led me to believe that the white RCA wall plate switch/selector with the 3 rows of a/v terminals marked “Game, Cable/Satellite, MP3/TV” and corresponding switch in the bottom right corner with the same markings “Game, Cable/Satellite, MP3/TV” including an additional selection marked “XM/Pod” is for additional inputs. Is this plate used to introduce (integrate) additional inputs into the system?

Thanks
Attached Images

campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
Lottery Non-Winner

You confused me a bit. So I'm probably not going to be able to help you. However, the TV itself should be able to take in the signal via coax regardless of whether it is coming from the satellite decoder box or whether is it coming from the local cable company.
You might have to go into the TV programming menu to tell it which signal it is being sent so it knows how to process it.

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote