Old 03-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #11

These fridges need 12V power to operate in any mode. I would start with the 12V power. If you have 12V power then you most likely have a bad circuit board.

2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:26 PM   #12

True the frig needs 12 volt power in all cases but if the gas flame lights you are getting 12 volts. The circuit board would not light the flame if it was not powered.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #13

I unplugged the fridge from the back and plugged it back in. I also reset the little black button in the back of the unit. When I did, I heard a small pop sound. I immediately went inside and pushed the power button and the auto light came on. This is the first time any lights have came on inside the unit and on the front board. I know it doesn't have a pilot lit in the back but then again, I wouldn't think I would need that running just off 30 amp. I will leave the rv plugged up for a few hrs and see what happens...any suggestions from here would be great...Thanks. T
Old 03-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #14
rbq

If the circuit breaker that you reset is tripped you will have no lights on the control & the light in the fridge won't come on either. It is completely shut down. With that reset now you will probably find that your fridge will work fine. Let us know how it goes.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #15
rbq

In auto mode the fridge will run on AC power if you are plugged into shore power & if you are not then it will run on propane. That way you can keep the fridge on while traveling or while boondocking. Your fridge probably also has a button that you can push if you want to set it to run on gas (propane only). If you have it in auto mode the trouble light will come on if you have problems, but if you have it set for gas only then the trouble light won't come of if you have problems, so I just leave it on auto unless I plug into the generator & then I set it on gas so as not to bog down the generator.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #16

Seems like a fix. The light came on the inside of the fridge and I put a small glass of water in the freezer and within an hour, I had ice forming in the freezer. I would guess the fridge works as well...is there any way to tell short of leaving it running and getting a gauge to see if it works? I guess I am answering myself...haha

Thanks again for your help...T
Old 03-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #17

Quick question, can I just run this appliance on the 30 amp power cord? Does it only pull from the 12 volt battery outside or do I haveli run it on propane as well....I will normally never be somewhere where I won't have power hookups...
Old 03-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #18
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

I have my TT plugged into 30 amp and keep my fridge on all the time when it's in the driveway.
As rbq stated, if you leave the fridge on "auto", then when you unplug from shore power (30 amp), as long as you have a decent battery and your propane is turned on, then it will flip to the propane for when you are traveling to and from your destination.
Like many others I've seen post on here, switching over to propane a day or so before you leave for a trip is a good idea to make sure you don't have any last minute problems. Then you can go back to shore power until just before you depart.

Larry

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #19
Anacortesians

There's one nasty symptom, even if all the bells and whistles see, OK. It happened to us two days before a 3-week trip last season.

Even with all the lights showing things were fine, the fridge wouldn't get cold. I found a thread on one of the three RV newsgroups I visit regularly (can't remember if it was this one) that said "Go look round the base of the fridge's chimney/flue. If there's any yellow powder (powdered sulfur), the cooling unit is dead."

Sure enough, a couple of tablespoons full! We went on the trip, relying on picnic coolers and bags of ice. We must have stopped at every Fred Meyer store on the Oregon Coast, topping up the coolers with ice.

Instead of our planned 3 week trip, we bagged it after two and headed home. $1800 later we had a new fridge installed. We decided that going with a residential fridge would have probably discouraged potential buyers, as we expect to give up the RV life this year due to cost.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #20

Anyone know why my rv fridge had a check light appear after being plugged in for several hrs? It wasn't on before and it appears to be working...I have the unit on auto since the gas is turned off at the tanks...

Tags
refrigerator