Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2014, 03:07 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Sounds to me like you had a power interruption and when that happened, the control unit tried to sense gas but you had it turned off. The check light then came on. Turn the fridge off for about 30 seconds and turn it back on to see if it runs normally. I always leave my gas turned on, even though I'm not using it. I see no reason to leave the gas off except when I'm not camping. If you did have a power issue, the controller would have switched over to gas and returned to electric once it returned. I've camped over 80 days in the last year, traveled 5000 miles and am still on my first tank. That's while using the furnace many times to warm things up in the morning.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:49 PM   #22

To simplify - the frig works on heat generated by a small flame when in the gas mode and by an electric element when the electric (AC) mode. In the auto mode if AC power is not available it will try to switch to gas.

The check light will come on if no heat is detected (either gas or electric) - it does not monitor the temperature in the frig. So the check light can be off and the frig not getting very cold (something else is wrong). If while in the electric mode the power is interrupted it will try to switch to gas. If gas is not available then the check light will come on. You must turn the frig off and on to start the cycle over.
cadman99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator