Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2016, 04:20 PM   #1

Refrigerator check light

Hello
We have a 2015 coachman prism RV. The problem I have now (the list just keeps growing) is the "check" light keeps coming on at the fridge panel. I turn it off then on again and it usually goes out but eventually it comes on again. I've read numerous threads on this but everything I try doesn't resolve the issue. As soon as the on/off button is pressed and the check light goes out, the lp lights. I have just about had it with this motorhome and we will be selling it soon if all these problems persist. Thanks in advance for any help!!
Toddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:21 PM   #2
Site Team

Can you give us a list of what all you've done trying to resolve the issue?

There's no use wasting your time suggesting things you've already done. Maybe it'll give us an idea of what you can try next.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:12 PM   #3

I've checked fuses, cleaned (blown) out the area outside the RV, and generally just looked for anything wrong. The lp lights but I think once it goes off and tries to o light again it fails and the check light comes on again. Then I turn it off the on and it works again until the lp shuts off and then the check light goes on when it tries to light again.
Toddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:30 PM   #4
Site Team

Which fridge do you have?

Start by unplugging and replugging the connectors a few times. Then take some very fine sand paper or a fine emery board and clean the electrode.

If it's a Dometic look on pages 11 & 12 of this manual for what to check on the igniter and electrode.

Tags
light, refrigerator