Old 06-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeWoo View Post
I've been reading this thread and apologize in advance if I missed something.

I bought a new Forest River Cruise Lite-20' a little over a month ago. First camped in it a week later (with full hookups) and the fridge froze everything in it. My dealer is over 2 hrs away so in phone communications, we're fairly certain that it's a bad thermister. I've since gone 'dry camping' (i did run a generator every morning to make coffee & recharge btry)with the trailer once, and have turned the fridge OFF at night to prevent the freezing (seems that about 8 hrs at night helps the freezing issue). Anyhow parked the trailer with nothing turned on inside about 2 weeks ago and the battery tested a whole 1.56 volts when I just checked on the trailer. Quite a parasitic drain!!!

Any thoughts on if I'm going to have that problem persist even after the thermister is replaced?
In my limited experience, 2 weeks is too long to leave the battery hooked up with the trailer parked.

1953 GMC 9314
Lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:21 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lins View Post
In my limited experience, 2 weeks is too long to leave the battery hooked up with the trailer parked.
Thanks...was wondering about that myself. My previous trailer that I just got rid of had no problem even for a month or so...but of course at 18 yrs old, it may not have had as many things drawing a parasitic charge.

CeeWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #63

Question

Along the same tread of great info, we have a Wolf Pup Limited with the Dometic RM-2351 that had the battery go dead overnight.

Couldn't find any signs of a cause other than the fridge. We had been getting a check light on the panel. Good gas flow, at least to the stove burners. Several days before, we thought the light was just for a empty bottle, but there was a little left, but it seemingly solved the problem for a few days. We had been going to a lot of different camp sites around Alaska, so really bumpy roads at times.

While I was thinking it was a gas issue, I'm wonder after reading all the stuff in this tread, I'm curious if it's more electrical issue? Just trying to rule out as much as we can before we hit the ALCAN next week.
wakeele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:06 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeele View Post
Along the same tread of great info, we have a Wolf Pup Limited with the Dometic RM-2351 that had the battery go dead overnight.

Couldn't find any signs of a cause other than the fridge. We had been getting a check light on the panel. Good gas flow, at least to the stove burners. Several days before, we thought the light was just for a empty bottle, but there was a little left, but it seemingly solved the problem for a few days. We had been going to a lot of different camp sites around Alaska, so really bumpy roads at times.

While I was thinking it was a gas issue, I'm wonder after reading all the stuff in this tread, I'm curious if it's more electrical issue? Just trying to rule out as much as we can before we hit the ALCAN next week.
Did you do anything to 'solve the problem for a few days'? In our camper, the fridge is the first to go out when gas is getting low. Furnace, hot water heater and stove will still run.
1953 GMC 9314
Old 07-25-2018, 05:36 PM   #65

Are you up in altitude?
Old 07-25-2018, 05:38 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Are you up in altitude?
I'm not sure who you're asking but if it's me, no.
1953 GMC 9314
Old 07-25-2018, 06:18 PM   #67

Sorry no I was asking wakeele who was having intermittency problems and a check light in the panel.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:19 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeele View Post

Are you up in higher altitudes?

There . . . I found the Quote button again. ;-)
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:50 PM   #69

2019 Wildwood

Iím new to the rv world . We recently picked our new unit up at the dealer , took it home and the next morning the battery was dead . I noticed the inverter refrigerator was on . Is there a way to turn this unit of while in storage ? I have the fuse pulled now . Inside there are no noticeable switches to turn it off . Only temperature controls .
Tyler114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:03 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler114 View Post
I’m new to the rv world . We recently picked our new unit up at the dealer , took it home and the next morning the battery was dead . I noticed the inverter refrigerator was on . Is there a way to turn this unit of while in storage ? I have the fuse pulled now . Inside there are no noticeable switches to turn it off . Only temperature controls .
Since it's plugged into an inverter, if no power switch is obvious, unplug the refrigerator from the inverter or unplug the inverter if that connection is reachable.

When in storage (and only when in storage), your battery circuit switch should be turned to OFF. That will turn off most power drains - but not all. There are small power leeches here and there in every RV. If turning off for more than a few days, and not leaving the batteries on a slow charge, it will be best to disconnect the batteries completely to stop all drainage.

Since you indicated you are new to the RV world, you may find these series a helpful place to start:

https://youtu.be/yMeNcRGVcUE
(Part 1 of 7 but don't be deterred!)

https://youtu.be/eA7O7y5e2r4
(Part I of III)

MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, refrigerator