Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2016, 07:42 PM   #1

Refrigerator question

Typical problem...freezer ice cold but fridge section not very cold. Have the sensor attached to the clip on the metal fin and it's all the way at the top. My question is has anyone had any luck taking it out of the clip and letting it hang on the shelf to get the fridge cooler?
LJS1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS1211 View Post
Typical problem...freezer ice cold but fridge section not very cold. Have the sensor attached to the clip on the metal fin and it's all the way at the top. My question is has anyone had any luck taking it out of the clip and letting it hang on the shelf to get the fridge cooler?
\The thermistor needs to be against the fins at sense the temp . letting it hang will be worse . i think there are more to these fridge issues then air flow . how old is your unit and has it ever worked right
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:25 PM   #3

We bought the trailer in January of this year brand new. Fridge seemed to work ok in colder months but definitely struggling in this hot Texas summer.
LJS1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS1211 View Post
We bought the trailer in January of this year brand new. Fridge seemed to work ok in colder months but definitely struggling in this hot Texas summer.
in your situation i would recommend adding a cooling fan or two in the back for the coils . sounds like it's just to hot for the fridge to keep up . at 90 or 100 degrees these fridges do not work the best and any fan to move air to cool thew coils will help a great deal
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:44 AM   #5
Site Team

What is the model number of your fridge?
Some models are supposed to have the fans installed. If yours is one, you may only have to adjust/relocate them properly to get better results.

Tags
refrigerator