Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
want a Cat 293REX

Question replace the Magic Chef microwave with what brand?

Our new Magic Chef microwave never worked. Finally took it out to an authorized dealer (who happened to have the same model in his FR camper) and he said it was defective.

It is under warranty as its brand new but we are wondering what brand to replace it with. We will buy a new one at at Camper's Inn as advised by the expert.

Anyone replace a Magic Chef ?

Many thanks!

2013 MicroLite 21FBRS
boatless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #2
TexasToast (HOT Summers)

Had the same issue with my brand new rock wood, brought it home from dealership and microwave did not work. I just brought the microwave back to the dealer and they replaced under warranty. Same brand, so far no issues. Of course only a week old. The manufacturer replaced so had no choice on changing to different type
dalestow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #3

Had ours for 1 1/2 years and it stopped working. Went and got a Kenmore 0.9 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave - Black its a little smaller and had to move the feet from the original to this one, but it works great. I also got a 3 year warranty thru Sears on it. Just in case.....
2004 Dodge Ram 1500

2 kids, 2 Grandsons, 1 Granddaughter, 3 fur babies
Lifetimer is offline   Reply With Quote