Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #1

replacement for concertone

Wondering what brands and models of stereos you folks have used when replacing the original equipment..We dont need it to do anything fancy, just good sound. Thanks
blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
Site Team

the only other common brand is Jensen. there are a handful of RV entertainment system manufacturers.
Jensen is the most common and i guess Concertone is second.

if you have a tall Concertone unit, Jensen doesn't make anything similar in dimensions.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #3

Go online to a retailer like Crutchfield.com and nose around.
A double din car stereo should just about fit. They are plentiful, cheap and depending on the features you want should do the job just fine. If it is still too small, a piece of 1/4 inch oak plywood cut and stained to match should fill the void easily.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Go online to a retailer like Crutchfield.com and nose around.
A double din car stereo should just about fit. They are plentiful, cheap and depending on the features you want should do the job just fine. If it is still too small, a piece of 1/4 inch oak plywood cut and stained to match should fill the void easily.
Actually a double din will not come close to filling the hole. You will definitely need to build a trim panel to cover for any of the factory installed options.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #5

Look for a Marine receiver, there are some that have the larger front plate and will come close to covering the hole if not exceed it. You will find better quality brands as well. Otherwise the only other option I know of would be a Jensen. Good luck
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #6

thanks for all the suggestions, I will start my search....trimming out the unit isnt an issue,,can always find something that looks good to fill the void,,,I appreciate the replies..Happy Thanksgiving to all...
blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
Anacortesians

I don't know how unusual my '02 GT 325 is, but all the entertainment system on mine (in-dash radio and both TVs) are Daewoo. They don't make consumer electronics any more!

If anything happens to the in-dash radio, I guess I'm off to Crutchfield, or maybe Best Buy. We already took out the bedroom TV and we might buy a cheapy small LCD 16:9 display for the front. Costco has some odd brand 19-incher for $100. We can make it into a door for the overhead cabinet to give us more storage we don't need!