Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #1

Replacement systems????

We just bought a 2011 Salem travel trailer with the zx 25(we think that is the model) and we would like to replace it! Anyone with any ideas for a good swap for this system? We're not really interested in dvd as we enjoy listening to music while the kids are inside watchin tv in the evenings.
Jim and Candi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Site Team

the Jensen AWM970 is popular for RVs and can be bought on Ebay for the best price.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #3

Concertone® Home Page should have a link to all of their systems to purchase. That would be your best bet, because the wiring is there already for their products. They really aren't that bad, in my opinion. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #4
Grumpy Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
Concertone® Home Page should have a link to all of their systems to purchase. That would be your best bet, because the wiring is there already for their products. They really aren't that bad, in my opinion. Randy
Randy, I agree. Having lived through the poor quality that Jensen brings to the market in my last RV, I don't feel that a switch in that direction would help matters.

If all folks are interested in is audio, the market is rich with choices. TV and in particular, HD TV really narrows the field. I guess it's all going to be about what kind of electronic entertainment people want when they're camping.

If the plan is to hang off a power wire whenever you're out, then perhaps you should consider some home oriented equipment. Just be careful with speaker configurations.

2012 Windjammer 2008w
2020 RAM 1500
ChrisZazzara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #5
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZazzara View Post
Randy, I agree. Having lived through the poor quality that Jensen brings to the market in my last RV, I don't feel that a switch in that direction would help matters.

If all folks are interested in is audio, the market is rich with choices. TV and in particular, HD TV really narrows the field. I guess it's all going to be about what kind of electronic entertainment people want when they're camping.

If the plan is to hang off a power wire whenever you're out, then perhaps you should consider some home oriented equipment. Just be careful with speaker configurations.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
You can get a good deal on the GT2 through your dealer - they are basically charging the same price as a zx75, but the GT includes the ability to stream audio from your smartphone, IPOD OR laptop!
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #7

Or simply go to web sites like Crutchfield.com and look at the vast quantity of car stereos available at any price you want to pay. Alpine makes some nice stuff. but so do many other makers.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #8

If your only goal is AUDIO, then YES, you can get some very nice car stereo systems that will sound great in there with the proper speakers and amps. HOWEVER, if 5.1 surround and TV/DVD with subs AND 12v capabilities are included in your wish-list, then your search really narrows down to a very small trickle of things available, other than Concertone's products. Good luck on your search, and maybe you'll find the perfect solution! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote