Old 01-06-2019, 02:59 AM   #1

Replacing Entertainment center

I need to replace my entertainment center which no longer works. It is a Genesis GT 2. I was wondering what brand entertainment systems are the most reliable: Jensen, Magnadyne, Pyle, or some other brand?

I am also considering a Double Din car stereo but cannot find a way to power 8 speakers or add some kind of speaker selection switch. Have any of you done something like this?

Any advice or tips are welcome.

Dave S

Old 01-06-2019, 10:23 PM   #2

No one has replaced their entertainment center?

Old 01-07-2019, 08:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS1 View Post
No one has replaced their entertainment center?
Others have. Search to find the threads - I don't have any bookmarks.
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Brake Control
tony5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:08 AM   #4
Site Team

Using the full site on a desktop PC, look in the green band near the top of the page.
Find the white search box.
Make sure the dot is on FRF.
Search for replacing entertainment center
That will return several.
Also try replace (blank) fill in the blank with every brand you can think of.
I got several hits by searching for
"replace entertainment"

I replaced the Concertone in my Rockwood many years ago. I also thought about a car stereo but wanting 3 speaker zones made me go with an RV player.
Here's a tip. Once you pull your old player out you may find a tangled mess of wires. Label anything you're sure about immediately. Then once you disconnect all the speakers you can take a 9 v battery and one at a time you can touch the individual speaker wires to the battery and hear a pop at the speaker. You can find and label them all that way.

EDIT- follow up thought. Lots of folks are hung up on the 5 channel "surround sound". MY take on that is in the small cabin of an RV if you have decent fidelity and reasonably good stereo it's fine. Make sure there's no construction trash in any of your speakers especially the ones in the ceiling!
I'm sure adding a smallish powered sub woofer would make a huge improvement to my rig but I haven't done it yet.... maybe one day...

Good luck!
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #5

I installed a home theater pc. Fed it to the pos stock radio and stream my music and movies from that. Next is to replace the radio with a car head unit and a 4 zone speaker switch. Then upgrade the satellite speakers
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #6

Thanks for the replies, I did do a search but all the threads were a few years old.

I think I am going to go with an inexpensive Android Radio and hook up the 4 small speakers in the dinning area to the speaker wire connections on the radio and get 2 small amps and hook the outside and bedroom speakers to each of them. I will put a switch inline to each amp so I can turn them on and off as needed.

I will run a 3.5mm stereo wire from the TV to the radio aux for stereo sound for the TV and just use our laptop to stream movies to the TV with HDMI cable since we hardly ever use the TV. We are even thinking of removing the TV and just use our laptop to watch movies.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #7
KBC

Replaced TV with Samsung Smart. Made slight mods to mount but otherwise a great investment.

krcoulombe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entertainment