Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2016, 12:21 PM   #1

Replacing Jensen TV

We are in the process of getting Apple TV with DirectTV Now service for cable TV on the road through AT&T - free data for streaming TV.

Our Jensen in the living room has no extra connections for the Apple TV. We've never been crazy about this TV anyway because the sound stinks unless we are using the DVD.

We are thinking of buying a new, slightly bigger TV. Has anyone replaced their Jensen? Can we use the same bracket on the back of the TV?

The Jensen when we turn it on says "designed to move you". Does that mean it's specially built for the RV movement? Any reason a LG or Samsung wouldn't hold up well in a RV?
kway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:08 PM   #2

I can't see any reason why different tv will not work, after all how did the tv get to the store or to your house. It rode a truck and took a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:50 PM   #3

I doubt very much that the Jensen tv is anything special, cheap maybe, but not special.

Replace it with whatever you like. The mounting plate utilizes a standard mounting hole pattern.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:21 PM   #4

TV mounts are configured so that most any TV brand will work. Think of how many there would need to be otherwise. Just keep the screws to possibly reuse them.

The "designed to move you" is a slogan.

Mark
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:38 PM   #5
Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kway View Post
"designed to move you"
I moved my Jenson to the bedroom, and bought a new Samsung 32" Smart 1080p HDTV for the living area. I did notice that the Jenson is a lot lighter than the Samsung and can be run off 12volt power.
Stealth FQ2916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:52 PM   #6
Site Team

Yep, the Jensen isn't some special kind of tv.
You might get help from others that own your model of RV, if you posted that info.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:37 AM   #7

Replacing Jensen TV

I replaced the Jensen in my 2017 CC 38Ck within the first hour of owning the trailer. Installed a 50" Samsung without any issues. Took all of about 15min and everything lined up perfect.
Phipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:42 PM   #8

My 2015 Coachmen Freedom Express came with a Haier branded 32" TV. I had never heard of this brand name before. The TV had a very nice picture but the sound was terrible. With the sound turned up all the way it could not be heard in the back bunk room by anyone. Luckily I found a VIZIO 32" TV on sale at the local Wally World and replaced the Haier which was a good move. The picture quality is even better and the sound can be heard by all. As stated, the mounting holes on TV's are pretty universal based on the size of the TV. I didn't have to make any alterations to exchange the TV's. The boss lady and grands are happy so I am happy.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phipp View Post
I replaced the Jensen in my 2017 CC 38Ck within the first hour of owning the trailer. Installed a 50" Samsung without any issues. Took all of about 15min and everything lined up perfect.

How large is the opening? We have a 2015 38CK. My husband doesn't think we can fit a 50".
Old 01-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kway View Post
How large is the opening? We have a 2015 38CK. My husband doesn't think we can fit a 50".

What size tv to you have now? Is your tv attached to the wall or does the tv rise from behind the fireplace? A 50 inch tv is not 50 inches wide. I have a 48 inch tv that rises from behind the fireplace and I could install a 49 inch without a problem.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
What size tv to you have now? Is your tv attached to the wall or does the tv rise from behind the fireplace? A 50 inch tv is not 50 inches wide. I have a 48 inch tv that rises from behind the fireplace and I could install a 49 inch without a problem.

Ours is on the wall. I can't recall the size TV we have but there is at least 1.5 maybe even 2" of opening around it. So we could upsize. I would love a 50". Just not sure it would work.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #12

Just measure the width and the length and then look at the tv you want, width and length and you will know what works. My tv rises up behind the fireplace and a 49 inch is as big as I can install. I have a Jensen tv but I want a LG tv, just don't know where I could store the tv at, I already have enough junk at home.

Tags
jensen