Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2019, 11:07 PM   #1

Replacing Stereo Speakers

Has anyone replaced their very cheap sounding stereo speakers with a higher quality version? The brand Forest River uses sound like a transistor radio from the 60's.
HudsonDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:17 PM   #2
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

I bought a pair of decent car stereo speakers at Walmart and replaced the ceiling speakers in my 5'ver.

Sounds a whole lot better!

I advise you take one out and take it to the store to make sure the new ones will fit.

Some of the ceilings in these new trailers don't have a lot of room for the big magnets on some of the better speakers out there.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:40 PM   #3

Thanks for the tip! Will add that to my project list when it is a little warmer than 30 below.
HudsonDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:12 PM   #4

I replaced mine with a $60 pair I got from Car Toys. Things I found. The space between the ceiling and the outside skin is very small, plus with all the styrofoam insulation it reduces the sound quality of any speakers. I also had to do some modifications to make the speakers I bought fit.

At the end of the day, even Wally World specials are better than the plain garbage that FR puts in there.
joeuncool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #5
Seasoned Camper-MH newbie

Just FYI, back in 2010 I bought these Pioneers for my camper. They were horrible. Tinny sounding.

Pioneer TS-A1302C 5.25-Inch A-Series 120-Watt Component Package (Discontinued by M... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012K3J6Y..._pGiwCb4PTS9GY

Tags
stereo