Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #1

Replacing television connected to Concertone unit

Hello,

We have a 2008 Rockwood 8313SS. The concertone unit has been replaced once already. The DVD is no longer working so we connect a separate DVD player to watch DVD's. The radio is about the only thing that works. We use cable tv when campground has it if not we bring Direct TV which we connect and play through the trailer speakers.

We would like to change out the television with a flat screen. Is this possible? Would we lose the ability to play the tv sound through the speakers? Might not be a big issue if so cause the new tv might have better sound. What other issues might we have by doing this?

We also might even look into replacing the concertone with something. I heard Jensen is a good fit.

Just looking for our options. Thanks on advance for any help
love2rvcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #2

Replacing the tv is easy. You should be able to still get sound through the speakers with the new tv. There should be audio out on the new tv, run it to audio in on the stereo.

Sometimes I wake up Grumpy, sometimes I just let her sleep......(Ray Scott)
Old 06-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

The correct answer to your question is "maybe."

It depends on the model of TV you choose and whether it has a line level audio output (and what kind).

Typical line level outputs are:

RCA (red and white phono plugs) that carry analog audio and can be routed to the Concertone's inputs in the rear of the radio (or on the faceplate input if your camper has one - see photo).

COAX or Fiber Optic digital output - can go right into the back of the Genesis 3.0 or needs a digital to analog converter to use with most other sound systems.

If none of the above, you "may" get it to work if it has an earphone jack (really a bad idea since it is a speaker level output and not a line level one). Could possible hurt your radio.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33952.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	56811   Click image for larger version

Name:	_TOSLINK.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	56812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cooperstown Sep 2009 203.jpg
Views:	125