Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2018, 05:32 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
How do you take the residential refrigerator out of the camper? My Whirlpool will not fit thu the door
Possibly removing the doors will help it fit. Take a measurement front to rear on the side (you will have to roll it forward) to see if it will fit with the doors off.

The ONLY other option is removing a large window and taking it out through there.

At SOME point it will HAVE to come out unless they want to live forever with a non operational refrigerator useful only as additional cabinet storage space.

If that idea terrifies them take the camper to an RV repair shop or their dealer that sold them the warranty. Have them remove it. Take it home, get it repaired, bring it back to the dealer and have them put it back in.

The dealer sold them a useless warranty. MAKE him work for that commission he craved!
Old 05-13-2018, 06:27 AM   #22

I have had my Cedar Creek for four years and I have a residential refrigerator, we have been all over this country and have never had a problem with our residential refrigerator. We have been on very bad roads in this country and Canada and Alaska. I guess we got a good refrigerator because the Whirlpool in the camper works better than the Whirlpool refrigerator I have in my house and gets food colder. I know a bad refrigerator comes along just like campers. I believe that should something happen to the refrigerator I have in the camper that I can find someone to work on the refrigerator in the camper. There is someone out there that wants to make a few bucks
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:43 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
How do you take the residential refrigerator out of the camper? My Whirlpool will not fit thu the door
Most 5ers with a rear window is where they go in/out. A minimum of 6 strong guys is suggested to get them in/out. If they allow it o rest on the window frame area expect additional problems. Neighbor had his Samsung in/out twice for repairs, then again for replacement.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:03 AM   #24

My opinion about residential refrigerators -they were not built to handle the constant bumps and vibration while going down the road . I have a small fridge only unit I put in my van sometimes .The compressor unit is mounted on rubber washers and when I hit bumps I can here it moving around .I run it off of an inverter.
oldxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:30 PM   #25

Just got my unit back from the dealer. The fix for the fridg was a new one. I hope this one lasts longer. The dealer said that they replaced six of them so far this year. He said that they had a problem getting them because of the size. They have to be cabinet depth refers and there aren't that many.

Okie
08 F450
USMC Okie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator