Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Rocker switch

I've been exploring our new Work and Play,and found a lighted rocker switch at side-rear of kitchen cab, it is an Atwood labeled switch,and I quickly switched it on and back off,it light when on. I am thinking it is for electric side of water heater,I know if it is and no water in heater,it can damage element. The water pump switch is on levels panel, this leads me to believe it must be for water heater.? Thoughts??
Also,TH has audio in all areas inside,and outside speakers,it is a Jensen A/V system,I studied the book,but can find no info on how to turn off out side speakers, my son and I tested the DVD yesterday, when in this mode the surround sound was on sound at TV was off,and only was fed through roof mounted speakers. OK, but,if we were watching movie,our neighbors would be hearing it out side.am I going to have to install a switch of my own to turn off outside spkrs?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #2

That rocker switch probably is for the electric side of the water heater seeing as it is labeled 'Atwood'. The water heater has a switch on it too. It might still have the cotter pin type lock on the switch so you might want to check. On the Jensen, are there any switches/buttons labeled 'A', 'B', 'C' either on the unit itself or the remote that would turn on/off the spwakers?
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
That rocker switch probably is for the electric side of the water heater seeing as it is labeled 'Atwood'. The water heater has a switch on it too. It might still have the cotter pin type lock on the switch so you might want to check. On the Jensen, are there any switches/buttons labeled 'A', 'B', 'C' either on the unit itself or the remote that would turn on/off the spwakers?
Thanks for probable, confirmation on switch,I will check on the cotter pin,and study paperwork on the heater to better understand how and it's features. Our previous tt was an older prowler, in which, the previous owner had let the tank freeze,and "burst" literally,it looked like it had failed a pressure test.so I am first timer with a working w/heater.
I will also look well around the Jensen, for the a b selector switch,yesterday I entered system set up and other menus,and not yet found the area I need to control speaker output,nothing obvious to me on the remote. It is probable,when I figure it out It will be one of those slap to forehead, duha! Moments
Old 03-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

As far as the switch, do you have another water heater switch along with the water pump one in the levels panel with any marking like DSI (direct spark ignition)? You have to have a switch inside that controls the propane side of the water heater. It's not common to have a switch inside for the electric side of the water heater.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Thanks Dave

I traced the wires from switch to top of water heater, so must b something to do with it,there are not any switches on control panel, having to do with water heater,just fluid level and batt level, hood light/vent. As for outdoor audio,the fade control to full front,enables all indoor speakers,adding rear adds outdoor speakers. It was a Duhh moment!
Thanks again!
Ty