Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #1

Rockwood Roo AC problems

Hi just wondering any simple tips or thing to check to see why our fan on our ac will not turn on...the ac turn on, sounds like its working but the fan does not....
Its a rockwood roo 21SS....any info would be greatful!!
Renatenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #2

Sounds like your start capacitor is bad. On a Duotherm/Dometic A/C unit, there is a metal box on the right side at the front after removing the plastic shroud, and inside this box there are 2 start capacitors. The smaller round one is the compressor start capacitor, and the oval shaped silver color one is the FAN start capacitor. It could be that, or the control circuit board under the ceiling filter, there is another metal box housing that circuit board. That is what was wrong with mine- I just purchased a board on e bay for 62 bucks, and that fixed mine. Get the number off of the board, and match it up with a new one. I bought a new COM PRESSOR start capacitor as well- called a "hard start capacitor", for about 15.00 also on e bay. Be sure to turn off the power to the camper before messing with this. I disconnected my battery as well to kill the 12 volt power too. It also could be a bad thermostat; also an easy fix. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote