Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
RV furnace problem -Solved

I turned the furnace on for the first time this season. the blower ran and I could hear it trying to start but just cool air came out of the vents and the furnace shut off. The gas tank is about half full so it wasn't lack of propane. I had the second tank refilled, since it was empty, and switched the lever on the regulator to the newly filled tank. I tried the furnace again and this time it heated up as expected. Does anyone have an idea as to the problem? I'm thinking maybe the regulator needs replacing(?). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
__________________

__________________
Burstpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burstpaul
I turned the furnace on for the first time this season. the blower ran and I could hear it trying to start but just cool air came out of the vents and the furnace shut off. The gas tank is about half full so it wasn't lack of propane. I had the second tank refilled, since it was empty, and switched the lever on the regulator to the newly filled tank. I tried the furnace again and this time it heated up as expected. Does anyone have an idea as to the problem? I'm thinking maybe the regulator needs replacing(?). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
The opd valve in the tank might have popped. It happens .
Try half full tank again but shut valve off and very very slowly turn it back on.
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,022
Starting to see a change in the problem topic subjects here. Going from AC problems to furnace problems.

Must be getting cooler in some parts of the country - still in the low 90's here.
__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
wyo700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo

The opd valve in the tank might have popped. It happens .
Try half full tank again but shut valve off and very very slowly turn it back on.
Mine did this to with the exact same type of situation with my bottles. I remember this next time.
__________________
2012 Sandstorm 203slc
2013 Toyota Tundra
Eqil-l-izer hitch,Prodigy P3
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47
Starting to see a change in the problem topic subjects here. Going from AC problems to furnace problems.

Must be getting cooler in some parts of the country - still in the low 90's here.
Yep headed the other direction.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
as an update this thread has been solved .
the op sent me a message that in fact the opd valve had popped he reset the tanks and all is well !
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.