Old 06-15-2016, 09:44 PM   #1

Rv GPS

Need some opinions on the RV GPS 's Looking for one that would let me know height restrictions tunnels etc.. to plan our route to places we've never traveled. like the Northeast Boston, New York Pa etc..
Heard the garmin was pretty good? Would like to hear from others that own some of them
Thanks
R & S
2010 Georgetown 350
2012 Honda CRV toad
Happy Campers!

Old 06-15-2016, 11:12 PM   #2

I have a Garmin RV760 and like it

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:47 PM   #3

I agree with the Garmon RV760 LMT
(Lifetime Maps & Traffic). Nice 7 inch screen. Only used it once on a short trip, but I like it a lot. Easy to use. Can't speak to the onboard traffic function, as our trip didn't involve much traffic.

Forester 3011DS
Old 06-18-2016, 12:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoro View Post
Need some opinions on the RV GPS 's Looking for one that would let me know height restrictions tunnels etc.. to plan our route to places we've never traveled. like the Northeast Boston, New York Pa etc..
Heard the garmin was pretty good? Would like to hear from others that own some of them
Thanks
R & S
2010 Georgetown 350
2012 Honda CRV toad
Happy Campers!
I have the Good Sam one; powered by Rand McNally.

Sometimes it is good and sometimes it leads me astray or on a very convoluted route.

A pain to program unless you use a PC. I have Apple products which don't work with the Good Sam unit. I would not buy another one.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:12 PM   #5

I have the Garmin 465LMT, and I have been pleased with it. I'm not sure it's still available new. It has truck features, and something everybody may not know about Garmin - the "LM" means lifetime map updates, and the "T" means traffic updates and re-routing. It's very important to me to be able to update my maps and not have to pay extra.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:42 AM   #6

We have the Garmon RV760 LMT and are very pleased with it. It does a good job when searching for campgrounds, Wal marts, etc in the area.

Jerry
Old 06-20-2016, 07:47 AM   #7

I have the RV760 also. Really like it.
One issue I have is that if I have it set to the RV mode. Based on my coach measurements it want to take me the long way around. (Maybe Ok for most people)

I understand the above but also can tell when I'm where I should not be. I can also tell when there is a low bridge in front of me.

So what I do is leave it set to the car setting. That works well for me.

Russell
Old 06-21-2016, 07:30 PM   #8

We have the Garmin 760 also and love it. We went from PA to FL to New Orleans and back to PA again. We traveled with another couple that had a regular car Garmin (older, yet accurate to our travel). Their Garmin took them different ways from ours, but all in all, we probably made better time. It did avoid places with low overhangs and low lying trees, where theirs did not. You plug in the height and length of your TT. The one thing it does not have (and I think they are coming out with it soon) is propane/hazardous restrictions. We knew about the Fort McHenry Tunnel in Baltimore and luckily, that was the only one on our route. The 760 also alerts you to traffic, changes in speed limits, tells you which lane you should be in, etc. I highly recommend this one. Problem... we got the one with the camera and our TT is prewired for Furrion. Trying to figure out how to get our camera to installed.

EDIT: I forgot to add the very best part. Garmin is constantly sending updates, so it is ALWAYS UP TO DATE!!! We have updated about four times since we purchased it in September.
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty. Nick 20 y/o and Leif 23 months.
cruisegrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:17 PM   #9

I used my Garmin RV 760 LMT on our second trip and I never had any trouble with it. It's just a little pricey but the screen is awesome and relatively easy to use.

-Ayn Rand
NicholasMeleeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:55 PM   #10

check out the reviews on iGO Primo software

Our new Sunseeker has a Jensen VX7020A in dash system that includes a navigation system using iGO Primo software. This software does allow you to input your vehicles statistics and then routes you so you avoid obstacles in your path. i.e if your height is 14-2 an there is a tunnel 13-10 it will route you around it. If your 42' long and there are hair pin turns going up a mountain pass that are too tight, it will route you around them. You can find free iGO software apps for your android phone if you want to check it out. BTW the Jensen system offers a free update to the latest software for 30 days from the time you register it.
In my case, the software is on a micro flash drive that is removable. The registration and update process starts by downloading an updater onto your computer and then attaching the micro flash drive to it. You start the program and the registration process begins. They also offer additional maps and yearly updates for around $80.

Hope this helps