Old 12-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
Sat problems

I hope this is not just a re-run question. we bought a wingard carry out sat rec. for Christmas. Hooked it into the "sat" on the outside, and hooked the box into the "sat" on the inside behind the tv. Won't work. So far the only way it will work is if we hook the tv directly to the sat rec.

Any ideas?

Todd L. Smith.

Todd757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
make sure all the connections are tight behind the wall plate and the outside plate and turn off the amp.

Mike & Marsha
2011 Signature Ultra Lite 8319SS
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 cummins diesel
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
make sure all the connections are tight behind the wall plate and the outside plate and turn off the amp.
Also make sure you change you TV INPUT to cable...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:24 AM   #4
"On the road again"
Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
My first question would be - has your satellite worked properly previous to buying this new receiver for Christmas? If so - I'd suspect a receiver issue.

Next - you need to make sure ALL of your connectors (not just the ones behind the plate) are connected properly. We bought a new Columbus 320RS this year and had the same problem with a satellite receiver I had used with our previous 5th wheel.

At first Forest River told me basically "you're going to need to replace all of the connectors because the ones we used were flawed". I explained to them that I didn't buy a "fixer-upper" and THEY needed to fix the cable.

Ultimately Forest River did send a repair guy out and he had to remove and replace a total of about 8 or 10 connectors and short pieces of coaxial cabling underneath. It was a several-hour job for him.

But, it's worked great since then.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'12 Columbus 320RS - 2015 Ford F-350 King Ranch & 2010 Ford F-250 King Ranch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015: 458 ~ Nights Camping 2016: 95 So Far
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote