Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #1

Satellite 2 doesn't work

Hi, I'm new to the forum thanks to a friend we camped next to Spring Break, and hope someone can help. I have a 2012 Sandpiper 365 SAQ. It has 2 satellite hook ups. The one in the bedroom works, but the one behind the TV in the living area does not. I took it apart and there is a grey coax leaving the outside connection and one at the plate behind the TV but no connectivity. Also, the one in the bedroom is labeled sat, but the one in the living area is not. I took it in and the service guy said he fixed it that it was loose on back of the plate. He was wrong. I even called the factory and they said sometimes they run the coax but don't attach it to a plate. I have a hard time believing that. I hate to have to run a cable from the bedroom down the stairs! Any ideas?
RandyLindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #2

What satellite company are you using, and what sat receiver?

You said "no connectivity behind the TV": Which TV? Are you saying that there is no wire on the plate that doesn't work? How do you know that there are two "sat" outlets?
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #3

I don't have 2 sat outlets, which could be the issue, but I do have 2 satellite feeds into the trailer at the command center. I can't imagine they wouldn't have one behind the main TV in the living room. That's what I meant by the factory guys comment that they may not have terminated it...so where is it? I felt around in the wall but couldn't find anything. When I took it in the service guy said it was there just loose on the bck of the plate. That's not the case.
RandyLindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #4

Can you remove the two Sat plugs in the CC to see if they both have cables on them, and what color those cables are? (Or look somehow, maybe just by rear access.)
Old 03-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #5

I'm not familiar with your RV, but it would be more common on most to have one Sat input and one CableTV input. Do you also have a "cable" input in addition to those two Sat inputs?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #6

I have 2 Sat inputs and park cable plus the regular TV with booster. I did take the connection in the CC off and it's connected and the coax is grey. Behind the TV there is a grey coax as well. The park cable is orange. That's what puzzles me. I guess it could have been cut somehow. The service guy said he had a meter and once he reterminated it to the wall plate it was good, but he also told me it fed the bunk room too, which I know is not right.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #7

How are you determining "no connectivity"?

Any chance it goes to the bunk room and has to be jumpered in there to get to the main TV?

Otherwise, perhaps as you say, it's been cut.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #8

I move my "tuned in" satellite box from the bedroom to the living room and then move the feed to Sat 2. Don't get anything. It shouldn't be jumpered. It should be 2 direct separate feeds. Odd isn't it, and I bought it new. I may have the local satellite guy come by next time I camp. Thanks for the feedback!