Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2016, 08:10 PM   #1

satellite external coax connector

Hi,
I'm trying to connect our wineguard pathway x2 antenna to the dish receiver. The dish people said to connect it to the dish rx and then connect an hdmi cable to the tv.
This works but not crazy about running the coax through the window when I found the satellite coax connector on the wall behind the tv but I can not find the coax connector on the outside of the creek.
I did find one up front for the bedroom tv but nothing in back for the livingroom tv.
Please advise...
Old 01-02-2016, 08:53 PM   #2
Ambassador

The inside jacks may only run from the HD antenna on top. You may not have an exterior cable, or satellite connection. There are aftermarket connections sold that you can install, but you're going to have to drill and run the coax. I have 2 jacks behind my TV. One goes to the antenna up top, and one goes to the connection for cable/satellite. I think most are set up this way.

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:28 PM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Probably connector is for park cable, not sat.....if your unit has a single outside connection, then wired cable only. every one I'v seen that was wired for sat. and cable has 2 outside side by side connectors.......it's not all that hard to run RG6 cable. Does your inside connector say sat? Sat cable is all by itself, from outside to wall-plate....no splitters in cable
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:01 PM   #4
Ambassador

The fact that you said " I found the satellite coax connector on the wall behind the tv but I can not find the coax connector on the outside of the creek." leads me to believe this is from your TV antenna. Does it actually say satellite, or is it just a nondescript rg6 connection? Makes no sense that it would be labeled as satellite unless there was a satellite dish on the roof at one point.

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:41 PM   #5
Owner/Operator

Save yourself a lot of grief and problems.

Install one of these feed thus on the wall behind the TV, and provide a direct. low loss, connection to the satellite.

Weatherproof Cable TV Kit, Connect Park Cable TV or Satellite to RV

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:19 AM   #6

They also have a flat coax cable that you can close the window over. That is what I have used for the past 4 years.
Old 01-03-2016, 02:11 AM   #7
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
every one I'v seen that was wired for sat. and cable has 2 outside side by side connectors.......it's not all that hard to run RG6 cable. Does your inside connector say sat? Sat cable is all by itself, from outside to wall-plate....no splitters in cable
Ditto - Sat should have a dedicated path to the receiver.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #8

My outside connectors said sat and a second one said cable trouble I had was FR did not run any coax to either of them or to the wall outlets. I had to run coax through my hole 5er. Easy however I use to work for local cable company.
j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:51 PM   #9

Cable connector

If it like the newer sunseeker or forester you can use the cable line for satellite also but I'm not familiar with the cc install
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken K. View Post
The inside jacks may only run from the HD antenna on top. You may not have an exterior cable, or satellite connection. There are aftermarket connections sold that you can install, but you're going to have to drill and run the coax. I have 2 jacks behind my TV. One goes to the antenna up top, and one goes to the connection for cable/satellite. I think most are set up this way.
Thanks for all the replies. I've just been able to check them as we've been trying to get set up...... We're having electricity problems. Refrig chatters, lights blink. Florida Pwr came out and said the park transformer had to many units connected to it. Tech put in a request for another transformer to be added. I'll call the pwr company agaong today. It's been cooler so a/c has not been necessary. Refrig does not chatter but lights dim and go back to bright every few minutes.

Back to the Sat. connection.
On the back wall behind tv there are two cover plates. one has one coax connector labeled "Satellite Dish Hook Up" in red print. The other plate has two coax connectors: top one is labeled "aux/sat" in black and the other is labeled "TV" The bottom one labeled "tv" has a green indicator light and a button. I think that is for the antenna booster. I haven't located the booster yet. Is it up on the roof antenna? The Dish receiver has a coax in but I only see a hdmi connector out going to the tv.
The bedroom Tv has one cover plate on the wall behind it with two coax connectors. Top is labeled "Satellite Dish Hook Up" in red like livingroom tv, the other coax is labeled "antenna".
I found a coax connector in the front right side on the outside bedroom wall. It;s in a little covered box. I cannot find a similar covered box on the outside rear wall near the livingroom tv..
It seems that the manuals are not for every Silverback model. I'm not familiar with 5th wheels at all so I'm not yet able to recognize which models are similiarr.
Please advise
Old 01-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #11
Left Coast

The wall plate with the green light is the booster, on back side of plate.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:36 AM   #12

Pull your wall plates labeled for Sat. and Sat/Aux. Almost all the newer units I've seen and/or helped other people diagnose use ORANGE cable for Satellite service. As previous post have already said, satellite is usually straight runs from point "A" to point "B" (no splitters). IF there are splitters involved (I doubt it) they have to be special satellite signal type. But, that shouldn't change the fact that the satellite coax is ORANGE.
Does your unit have a central area for ALL your hookups (docking station)? Mine has 3 coax connections outside. 1 for "Park Cable" which feeds all Tv's in the trailer, & 2 Satellite connections (1 for the livingroom & 1 for the bedroom Tv's).
So, if you find ORANGE coax behind your wallplates at the Tv's but no ORANGE coax in your outside connection area then, it sounds like they forgot to install the connection plates. You may have to remove some panels (if possible) and see if they left the coax(s) laying behind. If they're there then just install new connection plates if you have the room.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:41 PM   #13
Canadian Member

Hopefully you'll have something like this on the exterior of your Silverback. It would have either two cover flaps like in the picture or one that covers both sides. It would be unusual for the factory to not install this if you have Sat hook ups inside, but it's not unheard of that they'd forgot to connect the RG6 cable to the back of the connectors at either end.
Attached Images

2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #14
SnP

As rracer5 stated, they are in your docking station. This is where your water connection, outside shower etc... is located. The black outlet on the door side is actually for connecting an outside tv.
Camped - 2014-47, 2015-104, 2016-100, 2017-161, 2018-94
SnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:59 PM   #15

This is my 2010 29RE.

Inside

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1451933635.236344.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	97249

Top coax says aux/sat. Bottom is cable or over the air. On my the satellite is the top one.

Outside
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1451933778.762366.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	97250

The black coax is my satellite. The white one is cable(first time I have used it). Free in the park.

Hope this helps. Never have put a receiver in bedroom yet. No help there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpipeliner View Post
This is my 2010 29RE.

Inside

Attachment 97249

Top coax says aux/sat. Bottom is cable or over the air. On my the satellite is the top one.

Outside
Attachment 97250

The black coax is my satellite. The white one is cable(first time I have used it). Free in the park.

Thanks you all for your help. I found the two covered coax connectors in the bay where the dump handles etc. I've put the tv on hold. I'm still trying to make the creek more sturdy, So far I've installed a device inbetween the wheels. Next is to deal with the unbelievably steep stairs.
I'm still surprised how the owners manual provided does not match major items. There are "a" "b" and "c" speaker choices. So far I've found "a" and "c". I can't hear anythibg on selection "b". any ideas?

Is there a owners manual for the 2012 29RE?
Old 01-04-2016, 07:06 PM   #17

Quote:
This is my 2010 29RE.

Inside

Attachment 97249

Outside
Attachment 97250

Yes, I have those cover plates too. Mine are side by side.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #18

Think "b" would be the bedroom speakers if equipped. Mine is not. Just remember "c" is outside speakers. It plays on the DVD player. Luckily my neighbor was laughing about hearing Talladega Nights while he was grilling.

Things can be pretty lacking on explaining. Just ask. I learn stuff on the forum all the time.

arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:58 AM   #19

Quote:
Think "b" would be the bedroom speakers if equipped. Mine is not. Just remember "c" is outside speakers. It plays on the DVD player. Luckily my neighbor was laughing about hearing Talladega Nights while he was grilling.

Things can be pretty lacking on explaining. Just ask. I learn stuff on the forum all the time.

Thanks.
If no speakers are visible in bedroom might the bedroom still be wired for them?
Old 01-05-2016, 09:16 AM   #20
Left Coast

Might need to remove radio to see what's plugged in on back

Tags
satellite