Old 07-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #11

Ok, I have a different issue. I tried hooking up my DirecTv- we have two separate set-top boxes in the trailer: one in the bedroom on its own TV and the other in the living room on the main TV. Our problem is that we get signal and channels to each box and TV, but the signal is black and white and pixelated.. We have a round dish. Not sure what the problem is.

Any suggestions?

Old 07-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #12

Do you use the boxes at your house as well? Could be a dish type setting issue or you may wanna check the type of coax cable your using and insure its for sat.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #13

Well figured it out..it ws the input settings on the tv..had to select AV for the color to work...one tv was set to HD output but when I changed it to AV it worked fine.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:53 AM   #14

Just a quick update that I have Direct TV in my trailer. The set up box is in the main living room and I purchased an item online called "Actiontec MyWirelessTV". This allows the hdmi signal coming out of the set up box to go directly to living room tv and then transmits the hdmi signal wirelessly to a receiver box. I have 3 receiver boxes in my trailer. 1 in the bunkhouse area, 1 in the master bedroom and now 1 outside.

Perfect way to split the hdmi signal from satellite. I have mine set up where if I want to watch a local channel I change the input on tv to use trailer antenna (TV) and then I can switch back to cable by selecting (HDMI1). Just wanted to share this info as in my other trailer I used a HDMI SPLITTER using hard cables to route to other rooms. My new trailer doesn't allow this so the wireless setup is the perfect way to go. Little pricey but after your initial purchase your done.

Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote