Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2019, 09:40 PM   #1

Satellite hookup

Thought I’d pass along some info I acquired today. Trying to hookup a new tailgater pro couldn’t get it to work so called costumer support, turns out it worked fine when I hook the cable from the dish straight to the reciver but not to the ports on back of the camper . The dish support lady said they see that a lot I was surprised since my puma rls is less than a year old but no big deal . I call my dealer who is always helpful they have a tech guy who does all their electronic stuff I was figuring on having to take the camper In for repair but no ,he knew immediately what it was . The ports were mislabeled from the factory, living room satellite was marked bedroom and bed room was marked living room. He apologized profusely said they normally check them and about half the time they are wrong but they must have failed to check mine .he said they also are bad to have loose connections on the cable ends . Anyway just thought I’d share my experience so that it might save someone else the couple hours I spent with this when all I had to do was swap ports . Forrest river really needs to work on quality control this is not the only thing I’ve had wrong that should have been caught before it left the factory .
Sfgoble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite