Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #1

Satellite Hookups

When I bought my Flagstaff 5th wheel I was told to be able to watch satellite television from 3 of the jacks all I had to do was plug in the satellite dish to the sat jack on the side of the trailer.
We did that and sat would only work on the main TV in the livingroom. I turned on the television in the bedroom and got nothing.
I hooked up the television to the jack in the cargo hold, along with the sat receiver. The sat cable was still hooked to the jack on the side of the trailer. Nothing. I then unhooked the cable from the side of the trailer and went directly to the sat receiver. It worked fine that way.
Apparently the trailer is only wired for satellite to the TV in the livingroom. Has this happened to any other campers?
Thanks for your help.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thwheel View Post
When I bought my Flagstaff 5th wheel I was told to be able to watch satellite television from 3 of the jacks all I had to do was plug in the satellite dish to the sat jack on the side of the trailer.
We did that and sat would only work on the main TV in the livingroom. I turned on the television in the bedroom and got nothing.
I hooked up the television to the jack in the cargo hold, along with the sat receiver. The sat cable was still hooked to the jack on the side of the trailer. Nothing. I then unhooked the cable from the side of the trailer and went directly to the sat receiver. It worked fine that way.
Apparently the trailer is only wired for satellite to the TV in the livingroom. Has this happened to any other campers?
Thanks for your help.
The dealer/salesman lied to you. You have the handcuffs.......
You figured how it work on your own. Now what?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #3

I'll agree with Iggy that, at the least, what they told you was way over-simplified at best.

What Sat provider are you using, and what kind of outside dish setup do you have? There may be some hope yet.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thwheel View Post
Thanks for your help.
We took delivery of our Class C FR Solera on August 9 and are still trying to figure out how to get ANY satellite TV without running the coax in through the window. We have been bounced from the salesperson to the service dept. to management and now back to the salesperson. Can't get ANYONE at FR that knows anything about this issue to return a call! The last word was that the unit wasn't "wired" for satellite TV!? Since we specifically asked if the unit was satellite TV ready BEFORE we purchased we are very unhappy!
sunfish2drivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfish2drivers View Post
We took delivery of our Class C FR Solera on August 9 and are still trying to figure out how to get ANY satellite TV without running the coax in through the window. We have been bounced from the salesperson to the service dept. to management and now back to the salesperson. Can't get ANYONE at FR that knows anything about this issue to return a call! The last word was that the unit wasn't "wired" for satellite TV!? Since we specifically asked if the unit was satellite TV ready BEFORE we purchased we are very unhappy!
So on the outside of your RV you have only one coax input (labelled "Cable" I presume)?

What Sat provider do you use?

Do you have one of these (picture below) to turn on your rooftop antenna booster, or do you have a "switch-box"?

Name:   image-3720840633.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  26.8 KB

How many TVs in your Solera?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I removed the Cable TV input on the switch for the Antenna/Cable. In my Rockwood there are 2 coax's to the bedroom. I connected the Satellite Cable to the Cable TV cable with a F 81 coax connector, two females. Then i use the 2 outputs from the Carryout to connect to the side of the 5 er. I get full SD service in both living room and bedroom.

Brian
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:08 AM   #7

Mine is satellite ready on the roof for a dish which is where I think the extra satellite wires go.
I use a carry out dish and hookup 1 receiver to the living room dish then backfeed the rest through my tv/cable hookup. I just need to turn off my booster for it.
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #8

It appears that I am only one of many! I just purchased a Prime Time Sanibel 3501. In what they call the "docking bay" there are three male coax connectors (in a triangular pattern) with a label under the three saying "Cable/Satellite".

IN the bed room, there was an unused male coax connector that I kinda assumed was the satellite connection ( cable is usually tied in with the Winegard batwing antenna - turn the power to the antenna on and you get tv, turn it off you get cable). Hooking up my Directv receiver and after moving the cable from my portable antenna (duel LNB) between the male connectors in the docking station, got DirectV on the bedroom TV
kayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #9

Let me continue: I thought I was home free but when I tried to do the same thing with the living room tv, nothing works. I cannot figure out which of the remaining two male connections are cable connections for the front TV
kayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo View Post
Let me continue: I thought I was home free but when I tried to do the same thing with the living room tv, nothing works. I cannot figure out which of the remaining two male connections are cable connections for the front TV
I think you mean which of the two are SAT connections (not "cable"). I suggest removing the connectors where you can look at the wire colors. Hopefully there are three different colors that you can just match up with those inside. It sounds like you may have a bad fitting or cable.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #11

Can anyone tell me about sound system in new Columbus 340 rk sound system dvd?cd?Surround sound?
Python15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #12

The surround sound system in the 340rk should be the same as in my 325 it's a samsung DVD/cd system
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python15 View Post
Can anyone tell me about sound system in new Columbus 340 rk sound system dvd?cd?Surround sound?
Python, just a suggestion.
it's a better idea to start your own thread when it differs from the thread you're piggybacking on. it distracts from the OP's original issue.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #14

Can you tell me what model Samsung and do you have surround?
Python15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:02 PM   #15

I do not know the model number but it is surround sound
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite