Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #1

Satellite Radio - Not Working

Hello Gang,

We purchase a new 2015 Sunseeker 3050s this year at the RV Show. When going to the Preview Channel on the Satellite Radio I get no reception/sound and the radio display says check antenna connection.

What doesn't quite make sense is the antenna is on top of the driver side dash board. I wonder if the placement of the antenna with the overhang of the Class C is causing interferance with the satellite? The Antenna Lead goes down through the Dash Board at the Windshield so it may be difficult to trace.

We're no strangers to Satellite Radio as we have them in our cars, boats and so on. We're heading to Myrtle Beach in a few weeks and certainly want our Satellite Radio working. We welcome any and all suggestions.

Thanks everyone.
John & Janine
2018 Coachmen Chaparral 338 TSIK
2016 (Seasonal Site) Chariot Park Model
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:33 PM   #2

It sure sounds to me that the antenna on the dash with the overhead obstruction of the class C bunk is your problem. As you already know, these radio's are pretty much line of site and don't work well when there are things blocking their line of site view.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
It sure sounds to me that the antenna on the dash with the overhead obstruction of the class C bunk is your problem. As you already know, these radio's are pretty much line of site and don't work well when there are things blocking their line of site view.
I tend to agree with you on this. Not sure how long of a lead I'll have with the antenna or if I'll need to go buy a new one with a longer lead. I'm thinking this is my issue..

Thanks..
2018 Coachmen Chaparral 338 TSIK
2016 (Seasonal Site) Chariot Park Model
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio, satellite