Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Canadian Member
 
itat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,900
Satellite Receiver Installation

Just wondering where and how everyone mounts their satellite receiver. Most entertainment units are not large enough to allow you to put it flat on a shelf.
__________________

__________________
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer WDH
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Just wondering where and how everyone mounts their satellite receiver. Most entertainment units are not large enough to allow you to put it flat on a shelf.
I got a dish network uhf receiver, it works on radio signal so the remote does not need to "see" the receiver to change channels or what not.
So it allows me to mount the receiver in the basement of the 5er out of site.

Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
BombDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC Lowcountry
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I got a dish network uhf receiver, it works on radio signal so the remote does not need to "see" the receiver to change channels or what not.
So it allows me to mount the receiver in the basement of the 5er out of site.

Turbs
What receiver did you get?
__________________
John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44) 2014-(59) 2015-(47)
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
What receiver did you get?
Vip 612 I believe.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
BD,
Wire from satellite goes to sat in connection on camper.
From the back side of that connection is a short wire to reciever.
Reciever then hooks to wire going up to ent center.

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Canadian Member
 
itat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,900
As far as I know, our Canadian satellite TV providers don't offer uhf receivers, just IR. My Bell TV receiver is the same as the DISH Solo ViP211k receiver, so I need to locate it in or near the entertainment unit.
__________________
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer WDH
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
As far as I know, our Canadian satellite TV providers don't offer uhf receivers, just IR. My Bell TV receiver is the same as the DISH Solo ViP211k receiver, so I need to locate it in or near the entertainment unit.
See if you can get a vip 612.


Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
Harmony makes some nice remotes that are UHF but have "IR Blasters" to let IR receivers get there commands.
__________________
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #9
Canadian Member
 
itat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,900
Does anybody have pics of how they've setup their receiver? I can't justify spending well over $100 on a new receiver or a remote control.
__________________
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer WDH
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Does anybody have pics of how they've setup their receiver? I can't justify spending well over $100 on a new receiver or a remote control.
Bought my receiver "used" and remote on ebay with shipping was $30.00 .
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
satellite

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.