Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #1

Satellite Tailgater Dish System

Was wondering if I can easily connect Tailgater system to my RV? I do not have satellite hookup but do have a place for cable tv hookup. What do I have to do to feed it thru the cable tv coaxle cable?
hammer40330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:59 PM   #2

On my pervious camper, a Cougar 318SA I needed to add a satellite hook-up for my Dish Tailgater since there was no satellite hook-up on that model. What I did was drilled a hole (7/16") in one of the rear slides that the TV was installed in. This was drilled in the floor inside a cabinet a cable plate was installed on the outside under the trailer and the connection passed through this hole. This was an outdoor connector that allowed you to screw the cable into and then removed the cable before closing the slide. The inside was permeant attached to the cable box with a cable from the outside connector and cable box.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Need a direct run to receiver box.....Any splitters in current run, you're out of luck
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite