Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2017, 09:07 AM   #41

I have noticed that new units have 2 cable inputs. One says cable TV the other Satellite, I put in 2 straight in connections. So I can use both tuners from my DirecTV dish.
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:27 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuterbru View Post
I have noticed that new units have 2 cable inputs. One says cable TV the other Satellite, I put in 2 straight in connections. So I can use both tuners from my DirecTV dish.
When you have those two inputs however, the chances they are wired correctly are 50/50.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:01 AM   #43
Site Team - Lou

Sorry, that wall plate will not work (as is).

That wall plate switches between the roof antenna and the "cable TV" F1 socket on the outside of the camper.

You would need to replace it with this type and "home run" a single additional cable to a place outside. The cable TV run has splitters that will prevent the satellite from working.

Here is an elegant solution for your problem.

Modify your wall plate with two F1 unions and then hook the existing cable TV wire to the back of it using the left union. Then Install a jumper long enough to from the back of the switch cable connection to the left union to the cable connector on the back of your existing wall switch.

Use the right connection for satellite and if you want to use park cable, just use a short piece of coax to go from the left union to the right one.

No runs at all and you use the outside connection for both (no new holes outside; just the holes in the wall plate). See attached PDF for detailed instructions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winegard wall plate rear.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	138173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mod Wall PLate.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	138176  
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf satellite_rewire.pdf (957.8 KB, 113 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, lite, satellite