Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2015, 01:58 AM   #41

@ OldCoot--
I am sorry, but that is NOT true. 50 miles, 150 miles, 500 miles. It doesn't matter. If you have a DTV system and the receiver was set up to be stationary in your house. You follow the setup steps from wherever you are, enter the zip-code of that area and it will tell you where to aim your dish. Call direct TV. Just make sure you tell them that the receiver is set up to be in your house, and you put in your RV. I'm not making this up.
ptillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:46 AM   #42

I have direct TV, live in bakersfield ca and get my local channels when I camp at Turtle Beach Rv in Manteca Can (219.3 ml) 3h 28 min
palominoryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:51 AM   #43

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
I understand the latest satellite communications agreement with the US & Canada is going to stop the signals from Canada from venturing very far into the US. Another words the signal for the Canada will not be available
very far past the border between the US & Canada. Bell Canada has already stopped the signals close to the border.

What a shame. I understand Canadians love their hockey. I guess somebody is not getting their cut of the $$.
Daisy,

They can not just stop it at the border. That is impossible. The satellite would have to be replaced with all new antennae, with parts of Canada the same Latitude as Northern California directivity of satellite antenna would not allow this. They just launched new satellite xKU band in 2013 and the life span is 10 -15 years. Shaw receivers have no GPS so they have no idea where they are. I did see some erroneous articles in Trailer Life on this though.There was a Canadian magazine was in correct as well. There are fellow broadcast engineers that have a house in Mexico, receives Shaw Direct there all of the time including HD. My brother in law was in Florida and did receive some Bell channels last month, very limited.

If i spend lots of time in the US I will get Dish Network and use someones zip code on this forum. There are a lot of Dish receivers in my own city and on the block.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:20 AM   #44
Site Team

OK, the site team has done a cleanup on aisle 5 here. Many off-topic posts were deleted, and some editing was done that was considered "too rude or insulting" and did not adhere to our main philosophy here amongst friends.

You most certainly do not have to agree with or ever accept as gospel other members opinions, experiences, or advice. It's up to everyones own sensibilities as to what they want to accept or offer in response to questions posed.

However that being said, we feel the need to emphasize a couple of points that sometimes get lost in the need to validate one's postings:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ork&page=rules

Be Courteous! Our philosophy is that we want The Forest River Forums to be an online reflection of the RV'ing community. Treat each other with respect just as you would around a campfire. Here are some general guidelines that we expect you to follow:

• Do not engage in personal attacks.
  • Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice your opinion respectfully and then let it go.
  • Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
  • We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness.
The site team is going to reopen this thread. Please post and behave responsibly.

Thank You

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite