Old 09-26-2016, 02:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy3051s View Post
Thx. That is the manual I have. I keep looking at it and don't see how to dim the led.

I agree it only plays music from usb. Has anyone attached anything that runs off 12v to play movies from usb?

I do appreciate the feedback. .

You probably cannot run your TV off the 12V unless it's hooked to inverter.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #12

Shakedown Breakdown (3051SF) Continued

I hear you on the TVs. We said we definitely did not want the outside TV and wouldn't have ordered it if we special ordered. But we didn't and we have 3 TVs and I want to make sure they all work as they should.

And as much as we don't need that outside TV, the reality is the grandkids are kept very happy with a movie outside while we make dinner etc. after a full day of activities. Much better outside if weather permits and in the past we've hooked up a computer to do this. So the TV will be used.

I am happy to say I successfully turned off the LED Display on the Jensen unit that connects to the cabover TV. I initially turned it off completely and was very happy to see I could and then completely stressed over how to get the display back if needed for any other adjustments, etc. I had to blindly do it and hope I was at the right place when I turned the volume control. Got it back and dimmed to 1 (it was originally set at 2) and will see if that is livable. Seems like it would be a no brainer to make the LED Display a toggle switch for ON/OFF. But it isn't.

My conclusion is my media equipment is probably all hooked up accurately and I will probably be able to watch movies from USB drive while plugged into electricity (only) by adding a separate dvd player into the system via hdmi. EXCEEPT the Boss BV6654B clearly states it can play MP4 files and it doesn't make sense it would only play them from a DVD and not a USB Drive. It sees jpgs on the usb drive so that isn't the issue. I am on hold to ask Boss right now and then will move on to my next issues.

PS to Gohawks - I can watch TV w/o electrical hook-ups. All TVs and media control centers run off 12v (no inverter needed) and all tested accordingly.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:38 AM   #13

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy3051s View Post
<snip>
I am happy to say I successfully turned off the LED Display on the Jensen unit that connects to the cabover TV. I initially turned it off completely and was very happy to see I could and then completely stressed over how to get the display back if needed for any other adjustments, etc. I had to blindly do it and hope I was at the right place when I turned the volume control. Got it back and dimmed to 1 (it was originally set at 2) and will see if that is livable. Seems like it would be a no brainer to make the LED Display a toggle switch for ON/OFF. But it isn't.
<snip>
Sorry I had the wrong model earlier.
Trick .. make a little removable cover for the display with a piece of velcro and maybe a leash ... much easier than fumbling with incomprehensible menus that ... you can't see when it's dimmed / off.
- Jeff

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote