Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #1

SkyFi3 not charging in TT dock

We just purchased a 2010 Windjammer 3000W. It has SkyFi3 XM radio but it doesn't charge in the dock on the wall next to the stereo unit.

The rig came with the home use charger and dock, and it charges fine in there. But, when I put it in the trailer dock, it will not charge. It works because I charged it in the home dock, but when the battery in the SkyFi runs out, it shuts down. No charge when in the TT dock.

I took the panel off and noticed that the 2A fuse was blown, so I put in a new one.

I checked and there are 13.5V now at the connection on the dock, but after being hooked up all day, there is still no charge on the SkyFi.

Anyone know how to trouble shoot the dock? Or replace it? I know they are not made any more.

Thanks in advance - and we love our Windjammer!!!!!

John
RVTailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

The fuse did not blow again?

You may have to disassemble the dock and do a visual inspection for a broken wire or board trace. Any competent radio/TV shop should be able to repair it if you bring the entire plate to them.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:32 AM   #3
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
These docks are not made anymore so you may want to try the repair route as suggested...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging