Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #1

Snowy Cable TV

First time using the cable tv system in a 2005 Surveyor. Picture was snowy on the flatscreen TV. Had the camp techy look at the problem. Snow came from the two TV outlets in camper, problem did not go away when the amplifier was turned off or on. Techy then ran a cable from outside directly to my tv thru the doorway, snow went away. Techy said the problem must be in my trailer cable wiring. I then used the antennae to receive tv, and there was no snow.

When I got home I removed the front tv outlet and seen only one cable at that outlet. The rear outlet that also has the amplifier has three cables attached to the backside. Is the snow maybe coming from the cable that feeds from the outside?
98xlt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
one day at a time

Could be a bad fitting or a faulty amp over driving the picture
Idle_Idylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #3

Some rigs have 2 hookups on the outside. One for cable and one for Satellite. Are you sure it goes into the correct one?

Maybe the previous owner has it setup for a SAT dish on the outside then into a receiver then into the set.

Either way the present cable from the outside is not reaching the TV sets and the splitter.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #4

When I said snowy, that meant I could see the stations, but most had a snowy appearance. None had a clear looking appearance like it was with the over-the-air channels.

When I told the TV to look for cable channels, it did find about 40 channels. So some part of the exterior cable system did work.

There is only one exterior cable connection on this model 233T.
98xlt98 is offline   Reply With Quote