Old 08-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Love My Sunseeker

Sound Speakers in 3170 - how to get them off?

I have a Sunseeker 3170. I also have the MagnaDyne DVD system. There are two "sound" speakers in the living area. One is in the kitchen near the microwave, the other near the frig and doorway. The one in the kitchen either doesn't work, or works intermittently.

On the intermittently, it works on some DVD's and not on others. I want to take it off to figure out if I can see anything. I can't get it off. Or, let's just say, I'm hesitant to try to pry any more than I have. Is there a "trick" to pulling the speakers off the ceiling? Or should I let the "pros" do this?

I'm still under warranty. I am wondering if the "intermittent" is due to the way the tracks were recorded on the DVD and sometimes only come out of one speaker or if that speaker is having problems.

I can live with it coming out of one speaker, I don't want to make a warranty run for this thing, but I just want to know.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
Love My Sunseeker

Today I went to LeisureLand RV in East Grand Forks, MN. They were able to fix the speaker, easy fix, only took a few minutes.

I didn't see how they got the speaker off the ceiling while they were fixing it, but I'm guessing they had to use a screw driver to split the seam at the joining point around the speaker, then grab it from the back and take it off. Because NOW I'm able to pull the speaker cover off and put it back on. I could not before, and I think it was because it was "seamed" and they broke the "seam." But the speaker works now.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags